Helm - Yes or No?

I'm not exacty sure about configuring SSI, but SSI itself is supported. I'll let you know about this

We will have a fixed quota system for email boxes. We plan to give a good amount of space per mail box so you need not worry about this.

If we switch to Helm, there would be no downtime in the shift we plan. It would be carried out over a month where we will shift files, domains and databases on a date convenient to the customer. The only thing the customer would have to do is change his domain's name servers.

Yash said:
I'm not exacty sure about configuring SSI, but SSI itself is supported. I'll let you know about this

We will have a fixed quota system for email boxes. We plan to give a good amount of space per mail box so you need not worry about this.

If we switch to Helm, there would be no downtime in the shift we plan. It would be carried out over a month where we will shift files, domains and databases on a date convenient to the customer. The only thing the customer would have to do is change his domain's name servers.

I don't see configuring SSI as a loss if Helm doesn't support it. I was just going through the demo and trying to find the differences so that we all know and can give a proper opinion on it. Since I have switched from using the Dreamweaver library feature to SSI, it is something that I do use. As long as it is supported then it shouldn't be too much of a problem but it is/was nice in Hspere to specify the extension we like to use.

Provided you give a decent quota amount for email boxes that is typical of what other companies give, I guess I won't care too much about that either to much and since Hshere didn't work properly with the SDU and quotas anyway, this won't change anything)

Yash said:

Does a domain name server not incur a max 48 propagation problem, ie could our sites become inaccessible for such a period? As mentioned earlier I've no problem whatever you chose to do as long as MS SQL functionility remains the same and when it doesn't disturb the current sites too much.

No, your site will be active both on the hSphere and helm servers during the propogation. Once it is complete, then we will take the site off hsphere

Yash said:
No, your site will be active both on the hSphere and helm servers during the propogation. Once it is complete, then we will take the site off hsphere

hmmm... my site has customers that use a database that is constantly
being updated with new info.
If 2 seperate sites will be running then everything saved to the old site will get deleted.
I guess I will just have to put a notice up on the old server once you guys start the moving process. no biggie

I'm looking forward to using the new features and especially the spam filtering...

Just make sure you notify me well before it happens :)

Thanks,
Jason

Back