Help - Help - Help

To Whom It May Concern:

Ever since we changed our private name server our reliability with your firm has been sporatic.

Currently, none of our client's emails are working. I sent yet another trouble ticket in.

I have notified them numerous times that our old private name is still being shown with DNSreport.com and yet the new private name server is listed at godaddy and in our reseller control panel.

They said my IP addresses where wrong at GoDaddy and yet they exactly match what is shown in our Reseller DNS alias screen. Which I copied both and sent them.

They said wait for it to propagate, well it has been at least a week since we made this change and it is not on godaddy's side. It is although a cosmetic change was made so that I can see the correct information, but it was never updated somewhere else.

Believe it or not I would rather spend time cultivating new clients rather than continuing to make excuses to my current ones.

I need this fixed now...

your ticket is being looked into...

I just opened the URLs you said had problems and they are coming up fine including the instant domain alias.. I checked out the DNS records from dnsstuff.com they are fine.

Hi Yash!

Well I just used DNSStuff and got the following erroneous entries:

Domain Type Class TTL Answer domain.com. A IN 86400 old IP Address domain.com. NS IN 86400 ns.oldnameserver.net.

domain.com. NS IN 86400 ns2.oldnamerserver.net.

ns.olddomainserver.net. A IN 86400 old IP address ns2.olddomainserver.net. A IN 86400 old IP addresss

I can not ping any of our client's mail accounts using:

ping mail.domain.com

let me clarify, your domains are pointing to name servers other than your's?

Then just change their name servers to point to the correct ones.

I'm sorry but i'm having a terrible time trying understand your issue. I see no problem with your setup..

Hi Yash!

Update, your technical support has corrected all of the NS Mismatches

According to the control panel they were pointing to the
correct private name server, but prior too an hour ago according to DNSReport they were still pointing to the old private name server. There was a NS Mismatch. GoDaddy had the correct information and so did the control panel.

In other words, the control panel was set correctly, but for some reason unknown to me the rest of the world did not get the updated information.

H-Sphere needs to spend some serious time debugging their software.

I even wrote them about the issue over a week ago and have heard nothing on their forum. They are apparently too busy upgrading their software than to fix existing features.

Finally, according to links provided by your technical support, the mx records are now fixed, but I can not access our email. Does this take a while to propagate?

I found this failure on all of our domains regarding mx records using DNSReports:

FAIL Reverse DNS entries for MX records ERROR: The IP of one or more of your mail server(s) have no reverse DNS (PTR) entries (if you see "Timeout" below, it may mean that your DNS servers did not respond fast enough). RFC1912 2.1 says you should have a reverse DNS for all your mail servers. It is strongly urged that you have them, as many mailservers will not accept mail from mailservers with no reverse DNS entry. You can double-check using the 'Reverse DNS Lookup' tool at the DNSstuff site. The problem MX records are:
11.248.36.66.in-addr.arpa [No reverse DNS entry (rcode: 3 ancount: 0)]

Is this what is preventing all of our emails accounts from working?

Yash said:
let me clarify, your domains are pointing to name servers other than your's?

Then just change their name servers to point to the correct ones.

I'm sorry but i'm having a terrible time trying understand your issue. I see no problem with your setup..

One of our administrator tested your email (sent some from his hotmail account) and it worked.. Update your ticket if you are still having issues..

Back