Help with subsribing to mailing list from web

iaweb

Guppy
Guys:

I am in a bit of a pickle...

We did set-up a mailing list for a client of ours and the whole list works fine for subsription if you just send the email through a standard mail client, however if the mail is send via a website form either through sendmail on the server or even Frontpage extensions mail delivery the subscription does not work (even looks like the mail is not being sent).

Sendmail and frontpage extensions work fine, as another form on the same domain delivers perfectly all inquiries directly to our clients mailbox...

I am out of ideas and very open to anybodies thoughts and ideas...

the page in question is:

http://www.eclipsehotels.com/experience/owners5.htm

Thanks

Get confirmed if you have selected option "Posts from addresses other than moderators are rejected". If Yes then subscribers wont receive mails sent by other than moderators.

Nidhi said:
Get confirmed if you have selected option "Posts from addresses other than moderators are rejected". If Yes then subscribers wont receive mails sent by other than moderators.

Nidhi, I appreciate that you tried to test it, however, you tested the wrong mailing list and if I make changes on the original mailing list ([email protected]) it still does not work via the Web Form ! However works fine if I try to subscribe via Outlook...

Thanks

I had some issues with getting web page-based subscriptions to mailing lists to work on a win server here. It seems that ezmlm picks up the wrong address: it's supposed to pick up the From address and sign up that person to the list. But, on Windows, it seems to pick up the Return-Path field instead.

My work around was to enable remote administration. Then, I created my mailer to send the mail to:

[email protected]

With the exception that in the emailaddress, you have to replace the @ with an =

So, let's say your list is development and the person signing up is [email protected], this would look like:

[email protected]

Perhaps that's what you're already doing. If not, give it a try.

Tim

Now it is getting even stranger...

When I set-up formmail.asp on the windows box to send the subscription to the mailing list it works like a charme, however when I send from a linux box with formmail or frontpage form submission it does not work...

Anybody, any thoughts?

Thanks

Are you certain the message is being sent out? Like, have you tried sending mail via formmail or frontpage to other addresses to confirm that mail is sending? Have you configured the frontpage components in your control panel? (Mail won't send if you haven't.)

Tim

skypanther said:
Are you certain the message is being sent out? Like, have you tried sending mail via formmail or frontpage to other addresses to confirm that mail is sending?
YES and YES ... formmail works fine and so does the Frontpage Mail component...

That is the strange thing about it... :( :( :(

Back