Helpdesk problem?

Rossv1

Perch
Re: Cerberus Helpdesk Problem AGAIN

I am also having this same issue - I submitted a ticket last night which did not show up on my list of tickets, and I just tried to re-submit with the same result. I also did not receive email verification of my ticket via email...is there an issue?

Yash -

After not being able to get into chat last night, I chatted with tech support today, and they found my tickets in the spam filter. I was told this was fixed.

I just tried to submit another ticket, and, again, it is not appearing.

This is getting very frustrating! Why does this problem still occur months after the issue was discovered?

I am going to email you right now....

I found your two tickets, they were marked as spam by our spam filtering system. I whitelisted your user permanently. Hopefully, shouldn't have more issues
On average, a couple of user tickets get caught up in the spam filter due to the nature of their content. We receive close to 80 tickets a day.

Perhaps it is time to consider removing any spam filtering from the help desks. Even if you get 200 messages a day, it doesn't take someone that long to close those tickets and delete them, does it? It is much better for that to happen then for our tickets (or our customer tickets) to continue to get caught in the spam filter.

-Ben

we are getting flooded with spam on the ticket system. the filtering is necessary.
However, I increased the threshold and will be monitoring it even more closely now.

it is not 200 spam tickets, try 6000+ a day :)
If it were a few we could deal with it and close them, but it is in the thousands not the hundreds.

Send a mail to helpline and we are whitelisting those having any troubles. I have whitelisted 2 today.

Thank You!!!!!

Is there anyway you could via scripting whitelist all of your customers? Might save yourself quite a few headaches, and forum posts :)

Ross, it is manually created rules, that requires tons of clicking(ajax abused?). They are working on an XML interface for us so maybe it will be possible before too long!

How does the ticketing system work? Maybe you should start using a new private account and not publish it on any public site?

Thats actually not a bad idea, once I have Pratik handling more of my daily duties I plan to be making some reseller restricted content(tutorials and such that will be private to us only). It would be a good place for such an address to be posted.

I'm trying to do that myself with the accounts I had for 10 years now. There's no other way really, spam will get into your mailbox unless you had full control of where you let it out.

I like the idea about tutorials. I didn't launch my reseller operation in full yet because I feel I can't get to learn h-sphere to a good standard. I just don't feel secure to manage it without problems.

Back