Hog on mysqlsd1.gohsphere.com

zardiw

Perch
Someone is gobbling up all the processing on this MySql server........and my scripts are not finishing......have submitted a trouble ticket: #CGJ-77477-893

Paying $60/month for this, so expect faster response/faster processing........

z

We would like to update you that only your database exists on this MySQL server, so there is no extra usage from other users. We have updated your ticket with some slow query log details.Please check and update us on that ticket for further assistance on this issue.

OK.....my appologies...........however whatever the problem is, it still exists.

Everything is slow......whether it's the site itself, or the MySql server......I don't know.

Nothing has changed.......everything is the same as it was yesterday when everything ran fine.

So Something is wrong......something has changed......a script that ran 2 minutes yesterday will not finish in the time alloted......i.e. it runs over 5 minutes now.

Copying a table is also slow.......... The control panel is slow.......

Please fix this.....

PS. This system has run without problems for many months.......There have been NO changes to anything on my end.....so it must be on your end....

z

We had already update your ticket 3 times but didn't get any response from your end. Please check the mysql performance as well. Currently there is no memory, processing or load not even had before. However, we did some changes which enhance the performance for the mysql queries. Please check ticket and update us on it.

Going on 13 hours down and counting............

Well, I have to sleep some time.......was up til 1AM

I have provided you with a test script that should run in 2 seconds, but currently takes about 15 seconds.

You changed something.......when you remember/figure out what that was, you will be able to fix it.

Perhaps in the link between the site server where the script lives, and the MySql server???

I make my living off this site, and currently all my customers are unable to get what they're paying for

z

Maybe you can assign a tech with the expertise to figure this out?

And revamp your support system to where a person can actually talk to someone.......this trouble ticket system is inefficient and frustrating to use in a case like this.

z

Good news on support system we are near finalized on new portal system. It is in final testing after a long process to find one that matched all core needs. This one does leave out the voice aspect but has everything else we needed. You can also go via email and mail to helpline as well which copies to managers, but be sure to CC the ticket desk as well.

Good to hear Stephen........Am currently in Chat with tech support, and that is working well so far......fwiw.......z

Ok.....the issue is fixed!!!..........and everything is running faster than before.......Thank You!!!

z

The problem was not with the MySql server.......apparently a port on the website had some kind of traffic limit that was kicking in.

z

Yes there was a rate limit on the virtual server network port, it was set due to an attack serveral weeks before, and it became an issue when his script needed larger amounts of bandwidth to process a large query.

Back