Horde on new cluster

Yash said:
Could someone open a ticket asking that the addons are installed on Horde. Our unix admininistrator will see this first thing when he logs on tomorrow morning then.
Ticket opened! Thanks Yash...

Yes, this ticket is on hold. I followed up with my unix administrator and he has promised to do it on monday morning (24 hours from now). He has a large pile of work to finish atm.

Yash said:
Yes, this ticket is on hold. I followed up with my unix administrator and he has promised to do it on monday morning (24 hours from now). He has a large pile of work to finish atm.
Fair enough! Thanks...

ungrounded said:
Fair enough! Thanks...

I almost forgot, today is an official holiday in India for republic day. We are only doing emergency server requests. This will have to be done on tuesday now :( (another 24 hours from now)

I got to say that this is an interesting project. I started this thread on Dec 7th, asking for the options of Horde web mail to be enabled. Apparently there are other users who would also like these options. I don't understand why it takes 2 months to get these options enabled in Horde?

the installation of the contact manager, calendar, password changer, forwarded and away messages has been done. Its just that the darn thing won't work :(

Give us a few more hours

Yash said:
the installation of the contact manager, calendar, password changer, forwarded and away messages has been done. Its just that the darn thing won't work :(

Give us a few more hours
I appreciate your efforts Yash. It is unusual for something like this to take so long for JodoHost to get done. I don't think Horde is worth much without these features. For example, although when composing a message you have the drop down box to select the sender information, you don't have any way to configure that information because the options icon isn't there.

By the way Yash, I don't see the "options" icon in the webmail. Are you still working on that? I see the calendar and other things but not the options. Also, will we have the ability to configure it to go out and fetch email messages from other POP3 or IMAP servers (does Horde offer this option)?

Options Icon? I'll check that out.

You can only use horde with our mail server. It is configured to use IMAP

wow, this involves setting up a database now.
This will be completed tomorrow morning (12 hours from now) if you don't mind.

Yash said:
wow, this involves setting up a database now.
This will be completed tomorrow morning (12 hours from now) if you don't mind.
Hi Yash-
I have no idea how difficult this is for JodoHost to do (the database setup), but I use Horde every day and I definately appreciate the effort being put into this!

Thanks again to you and the administrators over there! :)

Okay...now I know I'm pushing my luck here, but back on page one of this thread it was asked if the tagline could be removed from our e-mails sent through Horde. This is snipped from the Horde Admin FAQ - it seems pretty easy to remove if you're willing...

4.2.14 How can I remove or change the text appended to each email sent through IMP?
[IMP 3.x]: IMP automatically appends the content of the file /horde/imp/config/trailer.txt to each email it sends. You can disable this by setting the configuration option $conf['msg']['append_trailer'] to false in your /horde/imp/config/conf.php file. If enabled, you can change the message by simply editing the contents of /horde/imp/config/trailer.txt to suit your needs. Please note that this is a text file, and should not contain html or php code but only normal text.

Ok, I got settings done. We deleted the addons for the time being. Now just let me know which addons and additional features you need

Yash said:
Ok, I got settings done. We deleted the addons for the time being. Now just let me know which addons and additional features you need
It seems to lock up when I try ti view folders and many other items on the menu. The options icon works fine though.

Also, I don't think this is a big deal but thought the fix may be easy so here goes... I'm seeing the X-Authentication-Warning: message in the headers for email I send. The Horde Admin FAQ says:

5.3.13 Messages sent from IMP have an Authentication-Warning: header added to them.
While headers in outgoing messages such as X-Authentication-Warning: nobody set sender to username with -f option may sound ominous, they're only pedantically noting what took place when the message was sent. IMP, running as the user "nobody", set the envelope sender (not the From: header!) of the message to "username", using Sendmail's -f option. This makes the message appear to have originated with "username", not "nobody", so that bounces will end up in the right place.

This can be disabled with Sendmail by removing the authwarnings option from the sendmail.cf file or by adding the web server account to the list of trusted users in the sendmail.cf file; consult your Sendmail documentation for details.

Yash said:
Thank You!!! The "Options" are great! Just that IMO makes Horde a much better web client.

Some misc. items:
- Password icon is missing and the link doesn't work (not a big deal to me - just a convience).
- Folders are not accessible.
- Addressbook is not accessible (not a big deal to me, but I think this feature was previously request by someone else).
- Horde tagline still on e-mails (also not a big deal, but would be nice to be removed).

Thanks Yash - I think these changes add a lot of value for you clients who use webmail!

When I clicked on the password icon (which is missing), I got an error page.

I agree it would be nice if the address book and folders worked, the password icon not be missing and I definitely wouldn't be happy if it was adding taglines to my emails.

I will check out the options tommorrow maybe

Back