hotmail problem

Hello,
New to the forum, but came here for a specific problem I'm hoping someone can address:
Just in the last week, I cannot reply to a hotmail email, nor can I create a new email and send it. I can create a reply, or create a new email, but when I try to send it a yellow caution triangle and the word "ERROR" pops up in the lower left hand corner of the IE screen (where it normally says "Done").
There are two users on this computer (just my wife and I) and she has no problems.

Any ideas would be most appreciated!

DestinRick

I think the Error message usually occurs after a Javascript snag. So, try using a different browser (eg Firefox - free to download - find it by entering Firefox into Google) or go into IE Tools/Internet Options and check under the Security tab that you are allowing Scripting.

Also.....I don't let my wife within a hundred miles of my computer...you never know what sites they visit and the stuff they might download (innocently - just visiting various shopping sites can put all sorts of stuff onto your hard drive). She has her own computer, and the other day after running SpywareDoctor found 90 odd nasties, some of which were pretty serious. She'd said "My computer is getting awfully slow" No wonder! The number of so called browser helper objects which had found their way into the system was fightening - all from innocent browsing.

So, to summarise...use Firefox as it's less prone to being hijacked, and do a regular scan with SpyDoctor (http://www.pctools.com/)

Best wishes.

Thanks Rob. Just after posting the request for help I downloaded Firefox and the problem didn't exist there. And another plus is that it's considerably faster on this machine. Thanks for the advice...and I'm gonna take a shot at fixing IE, too, with your idea.
Again, thanks.

DR

BluJag said:
innocently - just visiting various shopping sites can put all sorts of stuff onto your hard drive

I have to remember that one.
Next time I have to fix a spyware infested PC I'll tell them not to visit certain shopping sites instead of using my usual - "Been visiting pr0n again, huh?"
Doesn't have a positive effect :p

Back