How configure external DNS for mail

mamcx

Perch
Ok... I have a Linux VPS that host paradondevamos.com on my reseller account

In the moment of creation, I put a "fake" domain name because at that time we don't settle on a name, imagine I can change it later. But not.

So, I use dnspark.com for solving the situation...

I not like to instal a mail server on the VPS, because the resources are for the site, and create a mail-only account in my reseller aplication.

Now, I have this:

DNS is at dnspark

Linux VPS

Mail account

and wanna use "[email protected]" but not know how solve this.. I only understand how use the A records and that is all...

Currently, under dnspark I put a redirector (so, [email protected] go to [email protected]) but when the customer get the mail reply directly to the masked adress, so this not work really.

I wanna @para.... all the time...

First you must use registrar provided DNS?

What you do it make an A record pointing to the ip, like mail.domain.com
so it would be
mail.domain.com IN A ip.add.ress.here

Make an MX record pointing to mail.domain.com thats really all there is to it.

Ok, I do that.

Now, I can see mail.paradondevamos.com but when I send a mail to webmaster this error happend:

Technical details of permanent failure:
PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 9): 553 sorry, that domain isn't allowed to be relayed thru this MTA (#5.7.1)

Also, if a mail is send from that account appear "[email protected]" instead of "[email protected]" as I wish (and expect)

it looks like oyu need to configure your mailserver for the domain
as it is trying to use a full subdomain, and not the domain you expect

If you want to use our mail server, then add your domain to any of your HSphere accounts it will create the entry for your domain at our mail server and turn off Web Services, then point the mx record to our mail server at your name servers.

You will be assigned mail6 right now, so you would have to change the ip as you have used the mail5 ip right now.

Back