How do I create .NET web app on Jodo?

I am a real beginner at this (although I'm fairly proficient at standard ASP), but I have been working through Wrox Professional VB.NET 2nd Edition, and have hit the chapter dealing with Web Forms.

I've created the simple Hello World example on my local machine (which works fine) and would like to see it working on my Jodo account. It does not appear to be a simple matter of copying the built application from local host to Jodo, so what am I missing? I have enabled ASP.NET via the control panel.

http://www.bfslyc.org.uk/helloworld/webform1.aspx

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Rob.
FedWebMaster

Perhaps a silly question, but did you upload the bin/ directory with the .dll aswell?

Regards,
Niels

You need to create a bin\ directory directly off the root of your application. If you want to place it in a subdirectory, you need to open a support ticket to move your application to a subdirectory.
-Dave

That's better!

I guess that this is something to do with the fact that we cannot create virtual directories on our Jodo web space, whereas when you create a new .NET web app on your local machine (with the VS IDE), it creates a virtual directory for the new app.

Excellent - thanks to all who responded.

Rob.
FedWebMaster

fedwebmaster said:
I guess that this is something to do with the fact that we cannot create virtual directories on our Jodo web space,

Hopefully a future release of Hsphere will allow us to do this.

Back