How to connect to MSSQL from my workstation?

calus

Guppy
HI;

I've tried to connect to SQL from my workstation serveral times already, but I got the message "SQL Server does not exist or denied.ConnectionOpen(connect()). Could someone tell me how to do it?

calus said:
HI;

I've tried to connect to SQL from my workstation serveral times already, but I got the message "SQL Server does not exist or denied.ConnectionOpen(connect()). Could someone tell me how to do it?

What are you entering for the IP/URL?
What program are you using?

Are you using Enterprise Manager?

Please verify your connection settings such as username and password. If you are using a firewall or are behind a proxy server, try disabling them.

Yash said:
Are you using Enterprise Manager?

Please verify your connection settings such as username and password. If you are using a firewall or are behind a proxy server, try disabling them.

The username and password is ok, and I am using MS ISA server as my firewall/proxy server. May be that is the problem, but is there any solution for that ? I could not disable that because security issue.

Firstly, try connecting to your database from http://sqladmin.jodohost.com
If you can't, let me know and I'll look into it. If you can, then there has to be some problem with your connection settings on your computer. Your firewall could be blocking your connection.

Back