How to let customers go to horde webmail directly?

Hi

mail.userdomain.com still go to awebmail option list

I want to let customer get into horde login screen directly

possible?

Set a permanent redirect from the new domain name(webmail.yourdomain.com)

Then your clients can type webmail.yourdomain.com and go diectly to a URL you chose, say http://mail.yourdomain.com/horde

So first create the domain, then set the redirect in that new domain. I am not sure if this works but it should.

Yeah, but that wouldn't be a DNS record, that would be a website on a subdomain :)
But that's how I do it, more or less.

If selected, it creates the DNS as part of the domain setup. The ONLY reason I do this is because when you try to create a custom DNS it usually says it's taken and I don't know why? (wildcard entry?) shrug? And then you need to config a redirect somehow if you only use DNS entry. It's just easier to use the domain setup - it has DNS and redirect BUILT in and after all isn't that what HSPHERE is? If you ONLY create the dns you must still add the directory for horde and that's just ugly. I'm sure our provider could setup a direct link or IP for webmail.my*******.b** that would then go directly to a webmail of choosing login page. It would then resolve to webmail.yourdomain.com and in turn your clients also. Just my 2.30 Cents.

Not to start another thread with a similar subject, what if instead of horde, I want to use another mail application, DW Mail? That is, instead of going to that mail select page, my clients would go directly to dwmail? I realy don't like Horde or SQMail.

related to that, if there is a shortcut for this, how then will I allow my clients to change passwords as they would only see the dw mail login page?

Back