HSphere 2.4 Discussion Thread

Hi!

I figured out why awstats is showing code when it is invoked on win6. You have to add .pl (perl) to the cgi if it is not already there. Since this is a perl script.

Still have not found how to disable webalizer?

And am I correct in my assumption that awstats works from the time you turn it. In other words, last months history will not be able to be accessed with awstats?

Thank you in advance.

I have a few questions:

1) Between approximately 5:30PM and 7:00PM EDT, I could not reach any of my web sites, any of my mailboxes, the jodohost site, or this forum. Was that related to the cp upgrade?

2) The times posted in the raw IIS logs are now EDT. They used to be GMT. Are they going to stay EDT or will someone change the setting back to GMT?

3) Logfiles are now daily. They used to be hourly. Will they remain daily or be reset to hourly?

4) Will this new version of cp allow us to specify the custom error page ourselves, or will we still need to open a ticket? And on a directly related subject, have you solved the windows issue of using dynamic pages for custom error pages?

Please let me know.
riley

riley said:
4) Will this new version of cp allow us to specify the custom error page ourselves, or will we still need to open a ticket? And on a directly related subject, have you solved the windows issue of using dynamic pages for custom error pages?

You can do this yourself in H-Sphere 2.4, just use the URL method to provide the custom error page, not the file method. The interface itself will tell you actually:

If you check "URL":
- it will allow you to use scripts (php/ASP) to dynamically generate error pages (alternatively, use static error page files for each type of error page);
[...]

If you check "FILE":
- only static error page files can be used;

SubSpace said:
You can do this yourself in H-Sphere 2.4, just use the URL method to provide the custom error page, not the file method. The interface itself will tell you actually:

You could specify custom error pages in the previous version too, but it didn't work right -- even for static pages. I'm wondering if the new version fixes the problem.

And there was a problem with using active pages for custom errors that was a windows isssue. I'm wondering if jodohost has resolved that.

riley

riley said:
1) Between approximately 5:30PM and 7:00PM EDT, I could not reach any of my web sites, any of my mailboxes, the jodohost site, or this forum. Was that related to the cp

Level3 (our main tier-1 ISP) was down for about 60 minutes according to the information I have with me now. So yes, some customers could not reach us during this period.

Unforunately, this was out of our control

HSphere 2.4 offers improvements to custom error pages and email services

Regarding log files, please open a ticket asking support to change your site back to hourly log creation.

Yash said:
Level3 (our main tier-1 ISP) was down for about 60 minutes according to the information I have with me now. So yes, some customers could not reach us during this period.

Unforunately, this was out of our control

Based on some other things I saw (elsewhere) at that time, I suspected that that was the case.

Thanks,
riley

Yash said:
Regarding log files, please open a ticket asking support to change your site back to hourly log creation.

Can include in the ticket a request to add and remove some fields and set the time back to GMT?

riley

riley said:
You could specify custom error pages in the previous version too, but it didn't work right -- even for static pages. I'm wondering if the new version fixes the problem.
Hmm, worked fine for me...

And there was a problem with using active pages for custom errors that was a windows isssue. I'm wondering if jodohost has resolved that.
There was no 'URL' option before, now there is, so that problem is resolved.

Where do I find the new mail options that I can set for spam and antivirus. I do not see them anywhere in the control panel.

Also, I changed to the new skin and cannot change to anything else now. Is this going to be fixed?

brawney, you will need to enable antivirus and antispam support for your plan from the admin control panel

Yash said:
brawney, you will need to enable antivirus and antispam support for your plan from the admin control panel
OK, I'm not a reseller, so I assume as a customer this is something I can still do.

And, once I do this can I enable/disable these options as desired on each email box?

Do these features work only on email boxes (not forwarding)?

What about the skin? Will I be able to change this back to something I am more familiar with or am I stuck with the new skin?

If I am correct, you are no longer a direct JodoHost customer but instead are under a reseller

You need to tell your reseller to enable Antivirus, antispam and awstats on your plan. Once they do this, you can configure antivirus, antispam and awstats support from your end-user control panel.

You can switch back to the old style from "Look and Fee" from your end-user CP. But it depends if your reseller has enabled it

SubSpace said:
Hmm, worked fine for me...

There was no 'URL' option before, now there is, so that problem is resolved.

Hello..
I'm not sure how you do it but I try both URL/File but still not wroking on my site... ?(

Maybe you can share with us how you make it.... ;)

Thanks...

Yash said:
1) I was specifically told by PSOFT that Cold Fusion MX DSNs are supported in HSphere 2.4. I believe then when you create a regular DSN, it also creates a CF DSN. I'll clarify with PSOFt
Has there been any update on this investigation?

Thanks!
Hatton

Psoft said they have not implemented Cold Fusion MX DSN support "yet" :( :(
Guess we'll have to stick to the manual implementation till they do. :(

Yash said:
Psoft said they have not implemented Cold Fusion MX DSN support "yet" :( :(
Guess we'll have to stick to the manual implementation till they do. :(
Okay, that's not a problem at the moment... it's a feature that I'm waiting for with anticipation!

On another note, is there a way to recalibrate the current disk usage of an account? It would be great to figure out the current disk usage based on the changes I just made.

Hatton

Back