Hsphere setup Q, newbie please help

HI,
Another pre-sales type question. Im new to Hsphere you see, previously im a cpanel reseller. Ive been doing as much research as I can before i make the switch to Hsphere. It does seem to work very differenrlty!!
So, just been throught your reseller guide. Am I right in saying this then:
1. purchase account
2. create Admin account
3. do all the admin stuff it says
4. Set up my reseller account that I host my website on?

Now, briefly, where i resell for now, I get a seperate cpanel where I host my website, and a seperate WHM to do all my clients stuff. So is the difference that basically I have to set up my own cpanel for my website? whereas I was previously given the 2 cpanels.

If thats the case then where the Litehost for example has 7 user accounts free, does that decrease my user accounts to 6, because im setting up a cpanel for my own website?

Maybe ive got it all wrong, lol. Please let me know if its too hard to understand, I know what im tryin to say in my head :D

Thanks very much

A second question:

sorry

Would my reseller website have a dedicated IP, or a shared one? Just looking at the annonomity (wrong spelling i know :] ) Will it be traced back to you?

Thanks again

as no one is on the boards at present i can answer a few

with regards to number of accounts. (this has got loads of people confused)

say you purchase the lite host plan

- you have a Reseller Username (doesn't count against your quota)

- a Administration Account (this is set up during the Set up process - where you manage your accounts under you (your clients)), within this account you can set up plans, suspend users, get reports etc. (counts against your quota so from 7 we are down to 6)

- Service account - this accouint holds all the domains that are yours (personal) - this holds your Promotional site. for example emagine-hosts.com (our main website) is in this account, but we also have our other domain added (emagineservers.co.uk).

this has a splash screen, but can be a fully functioning website, this is our Service domain also. our clients access the control pannel throught this domain.

this account also counts towards your account quota so we are now down to 5 Control pannel accounts left..

in all you get 5 Free accounts that you can resell

so you can have 5 clients with a seperate Login and administrate their account.

regards to Dedicated IP (i think), you are assigned 2 IP Addresses for the service domain on creation of the account, these are for your name servers, and you get 2 free with the lite host account

im not sure on this, so will have to be verified

hope all this makes sence.

cheezyal said:
A second question:

sorry

Would my reseller website have a dedicated IP, or a shared one? Just looking at the annonomity (wrong spelling i know :] ) Will it be traced back to you?

Thanks again

It is will shared IP assigned for your reseller account. You customer too will share the same IP. Also, anyone who has access to CP, can activate a dedicated IP for a domain, which essentially require it.

Thanks, that makes more sense.
Although I do believe that jodohost's reseller page is a bit mis-leading about this.
I mean, when I look around, other providers state that you get 1 account for you hosting, and a seperate account for you administration. And you can set up "x" under your admin. Simple.

So, when I see Jodohost's user accounts 7 free, I think that I can create 7 users accounts. But in reality 1 these is the Admin, Which i cannot do without, so I think thats a bit unfair, and another 1 is used for my actual website. Again, I think a bit unfair. It should clearly state this in my opinion.

As for the dedicated IP's, so with say value host, you get 5 free. So 2 are for nameservers, and you have 3 extra which you cud then sell? Again, I could argue its slightly misleading.

Thanks Emagine, great help again.

cheezyal said:
Thanks, that makes more sense.
Although I do believe that jodohost's reseller page is a bit mis-leading about this.
I mean, when I look around, other providers state that you get 1 account for you hosting, and a seperate account for you administration. And you can set up "x" under your admin. Simple.

So, when I see Jodohost's user accounts 7 free, I think that I can create 7 users accounts. But in reality 1 these is the Admin, Which i cannot do without, so I think thats a bit unfair, and another 1 is used for my actual website. Again, I think a bit unfair. It should clearly state this in my opinion.

As for the dedicated IP's, so with say value host, you get 5 free. So 2 are for nameservers, and you have 3 extra which you cud then sell? Again, I could argue its slightly misleading.

Thanks Emagine, great help again.

Reseller Plan page is quite clear, please see note 1 which states:

"1) User Accounts essentially consists of one Reseller (Administrative) H-Sphere Control Panel and balance accounts as End-User H-Sphere Control Panels"

Also, with Regards to Service account, you can have your domain, as well as all those customer's domains, who do not need CP access, added to this account. So you can make money from Service account as well.

cheezyal,

please note that the ones assigned to the name servers are not taken into account when creating the name servers.. so if you get 7 IPs per an account you do not use 2 of them on the name servesr

Atul i asume i was correct on this?

i mean that when you create the service domain (example : emagineservers.co.uk / jodoshared.com)

2 ip addresses is assigned to you ( i belive this as i read once that they do not need to be justified when you create a reseller account, as they are required).

if the above is correct cheezyal, you get 7 IP addresses to resell if you have the plan you stated.

also Yes atul i had also thought about reselling from my service domain, for local clients that we host for.. we charge them through the other department of teh company .. a flat rate,. but we put them within our service domain. its a good idea thimbs up

Correct, nameserver ips are justified. IPs mentioned on the plans are for websites, and not used by nameservers.

Ahh, sorry by the way if i was sounding rude or anything, It really wasnt meant to be like that. Im just trying to get my head round everything. I mean, I am coming from using Cpanel, and H-sphere is just blowing my mind, its just so completely different. I know that its gona take me some time to get to grips with it. I am trying to learn as much as i can before i take the plunge with it. I pretty convinced that i'm gona take out my plan with you, Jodohost. Just trying to get everything sorted. Hope you understand. I wasnt taking a stab at you or anything.

Thanks very much, youve been very helpful so far.

Back