HSphere

Ron

Perch
Just wondering, why did JodoHost choose HSphere when there are so many better control panels out there? Hardly seen any hosts using HSphere

Actually I like HSphere alot. Gives me way more control on my hosting. Isn't perfect though. The reason HSphere isn't so commonly used is because its the most expensive of the available CP software

What do other control panels give that HSphere doesn't? Can't imagine something being better except maybe interface but that is a subjective opinion.

So far I am impressed with what I can do compared to other hosts. Many hosts require their admins to do most of the things which can take up to a day and that is annoying.

The only limitation I have seen is not being able to add ftp users under a windows account. I will get annoyed at that when I need that feature but right now I don't.

HSphere is much more powerful for a multiple server setup and has a much more powerful billing system. Apart from that, it works great with software such as SQL Server. Gives your more automation than other control panels. True, HSphere is probably more expensive than the rest but its worth the features.

Yash.....

Regarding the limitation of managing multiple ftp users, on the windows account, is this a hSphere issue only or is it simple because it is not part of a web hosting package?

If it is just HSphere, do you know if they are going to add support for that? and if so, would jodohost allow us x number of ftp users.

Even if it was just one ftp account to customize as a temporary login for my clients to play around with pages in a subdomain. It would be easier than emailing zipped up html/asp pages around.

Its an HSphere issue. They have added ftp sub accounts to their linux version but not windows. Many hosting companies are pushing for that feature to be available on windows too and hopefully it will. You can visit their forum and put it in the feature request section: http://forum.psoft.net

Yash said:
HSphere is much more powerful for a multiple server setup and has a much more powerful billing system. Apart from that, it works great with software such as SQL Server. Gives your more automation than other control panels. True, HSphere is probably more expensive than the rest but its worth the features.

You refer to SQL server, but I asked in tickets how to create a backup to my local PC and you refer to this discussion forum. If hsphere was so good with SQL server it would provide a "backup" option. It's not good enough that you backup your servers, your users need to be able to backup their data themselves.

I still hope that you will be able to find an urgent solution for this.

eko said:
You refer to SQL server, but I asked in tickets how to create a backup to my local PC and you refer to this discussion forum. If hsphere was so good with SQL server it would provide a "backup" option. It's not good enough that you backup your servers, your users need to be able to backup their data themselves.

Well, the problem with SQL server,that you can create a backup copy only on the computer it runs on (or network of the same computer). So you cannot backup it to your local machine. You cane transfer it to your local SQL server though and then backup. Or you can use a tool to make an SQL scripted backup of your database (http://sqladmin.jodohost.com).
This was discussed in this thread:
http://support.jodohost.com/showthread.php?t=537

eko said:

I did recall I said Enterprise Manager allows you to do that. Anyway, try http://sqladmin.jodohost.com as StPatrick suggested. Allows you to backup and restore with ease

HSphere has nothing to do with this. I regard HSphere as a much more stable and reliable management system than Helm. HSphere has been around for a long time. Helm is new. A major advantage of HSphere is that it uses Unix to host essential services such as DNS, mail and CP.

I agree that HSphere may be lacking some features but I do believe that most of them will be introduced in version 2.4 that is suppose to be out soon.

Back