.htaccess

iamar

Perch
Hi,

im setting up a WordPress blog. This uses a special feature for permanent links (anyway they are in the db) parsing the url (/may/05/2004/this_is_a_post/ will go to posts.php?idpost=4), but when i go on with this feature the server doesn recognize my .htaccess.

My domain: ignaciomarcos.com.ar (the .htaccess is already uploaded)

Thanks in advance, Ignacio.

No reply? any problem here?

If you need to know anything else just let me know, and please fix this ASAP.

Best regards, Ignacio.

a week without news about this...

"im setting up a WordPress blog. This uses a special feature for permanent links (anyway they are in the db) parsing the url (/may/05/2004/this_is_a_post/ will go to posts.php?idpost=4), but when i go on with this feature the server doesn recognize my .htaccess.

My domain: ignaciomarcos.com.ar (the .htaccess is already uploaded)

Thanks in advance, Ignacio."

Can you please give us your ticket no. ? We'll get back to you soon.
It seems that your ticket hasn't been reflected in our ticket system or has been closed accidently.

I would assume that you have a unix account. I also have setup WordPress on a blogsite hosted by Jodohost and didn't have any problems with the setup.

Have to copy the code from the permalink page that is created and put it in up on the site. My blog is in the main folder, not sure if that make a difference where you put the .htaccess file.

http://ignaciomarcos.com.ar/mypage.asp

I just noticed you put a url for your site. When I used the above "non-page" url, I received a IIS server 404 page. Meaning that your site is on a MS server and not Unix/linux. .htaccess means nothing to MS.

Could switch to a unix plan, but the URL ?idpost=4 and is not long enough to ward off Search Engines from crawling the site.

Search engines these days are smart, they crawl forums great.

It is correct that .htaccess won't work with windows, the same question has been asked twice recently.

It would also not work on unix as mod_rewrite is not installed there.

Someone asked in the other thread about the IIS Rewrite software, it is not installed, and can not be installed for server stability.

First of all, .htaccess only works with Apache whether that's on a Windows machine or a Unix machine (Stephen has already informed the forum on a few more threads). If you want to use a Dynamic page and keep the URL contant i.e "/may/05/2004/this_is_a_post" and "posts.php?idpost=4" then you'll have to ask Jodohost Support to change the IIS server error page settings. This should solve the issue.

Back