I am very upset, am I alone or is this a bigger issue for Jodo Host?

bigbuda

Guppy
OK, I started my site xxxx.com with jodo host about two month ago,
the site has been down like crazy, almost every other day, twice just today by my occasional monitoring. The error message varies from " Catastrophic failure", to "unable to create native thread". Everytime I go to the Live Chat, they fix it right away which is nice, but this, seriously, does not address the issue.

Could it be the server that my site is being hosted on? or the basic hosting plan that I am on. If upgrading would improve the reliability, I would certainly do it right now. Please tell me what can be done to fix the problem.

I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else? cos I am about fed up and cancel my account right about now. X(

We have replied you ticket and the problem is that you have been using a MS Access DB which had grown and hence the problems.

We have explained you the details in the ticket.

Thanks for the reply.

OK, if that is the problem, I will do that first, convert it to a MS SQL and see how that goes.

Thanks again for the quick reply.

And just so you know, it is something that would happen with Ms Access on any level, at any server as long as the file size is continually growing and users are visting. MS access is not good for anything but the lowest traffic sites with almost no hits coming at the same time.

The site is currently down, I am not sure if this is related to the issues I mentioned in the earlier posts since the error msg is different. I have already compressed the MSACCESS file down to 688KB.

The ticket number is DHN-76695-480. Please look into it.

MS Access wasn't even originally intended to be a web-based database... I wouldn't even suggest using it for small applications because all you'd be doing is preparing yourself for future issues...

As KCWebMonkey said, Access databases can be problematic. However, usually smaller databases with low traffic fair fine. You have submitted a ticket, and a tech will look into your issue.

I can however assure you there is no server-wide issue

If you think MS Access is bad for websites now, Access 97 was terrible...

But yeah, if you're seriously developing a website, don't use access even for the smallest of databases. It's a pain in the butt to upsize later :)

If you think MS Access is bad for websites now, Access 97 was terrible...

But yeah, if you're seriously developing a website, don't use access even for the smallest of databases. It's a pain in the butt to upsize later :)

Yeah, I only wish I had known better. MSACCESS sux, working on moving to MSSQL right now.

OK. I have completed the switch from MS ACCESS to MS SQL with help from Jodo and have been using it for a couple of days now, and the result has been very good.

I want to apologize to for what I said in the original post, the problems with my site was most likely due to the problems caused by a large MS ACCESS DB, it's my own fault.

Since the switch, the downtime has been almost reduced to zero. I would recommend JODO Host to anyone. They are truely people's host, great service!

With that being said, I did experience a few hiccups with my site, once in a while, the site became inaccessible for that few minutes, any visits would just try to load the page for a while and nothing comes up at the end. the outage would last only for a few minutes, After a few minutes, the site would be back to normal. This is of course a minor problem. Any information relating to this would satisfy me.

Thanks everyone who helped me set up the MS SQL, great Service.

bigbuda,

Can you PM me your site name, I will check your pool settings, that little delay you are mentioning could very likely be pool related :)

You sent me a private message, and I will reply publicly since it is of interest to all I am sure.

You are on WINCF2 with a coldfusion based site, there has been a bit of code issue on a site the last week that has made the occasional blank page or slow loads for a short period, the blank page actually happens if we have to restart the ColdFusion engine because it hangs up. We are working with the user(extensively on live chat today) to get their site to "cooperate" better with others, but I must say your site is opening super quickly for me at the moment.

We will be getting the other slow page loads that may happen a couple times a day resolved ASAP, as we are working with the site responsible for them now.

Back