I'm new and confused, please help...

So I know this has probably been addressed like a thousand times. Anyway before I begin I just want to say that I am impressed so far with Jodo. Anyway, I have managed to confuse myself. And most likely my problems are user error as most usually are. Getting to the point, I have no idea how to get my sites set up through H-Sphere. I have ran through a few of the flash tutorials, and am getting a little more familiar with H-Sphere. I keep getting this odd feeling I may have signed up for the wrong package.. I will explain what my needs are. I currently have 6 sites, and plan on expanding. From what I have learned about H-Sphere, it will handle my billing and everthing...Awesome... BUT... I can't figure out how to get individual accounts set up. My current Server Control Panel is WAY different than this one. I would like to set up one account that is for personal sites, no billing. Then set up individual accounts for each site that I host. I think I have figured out how to set my dns up. I did the dns manager deal, then the server aliases deal... Then I went to register.com where I registered my primary dev domain name, and reset my dns pointers to ns1.mywebsite.com and ns2.mywebsite.com (mywebsite being substituted for the real one) If anyone can help me out here I would be eternally grateful. I am not so worried yet about setting up the billing, as I have been billing my clients personally all along. I am however concerned with the account set up and where to log into my server to start uploading these sites. Also where I go to set my virtual FTP. Thanks in advance.

Hi

To host sites, you need to first create packages. You then need to signup for an account under that package. You can create packages with and without billing

If the site you want to host is the same as your DNS host name, make sure you select "Service Domain" while creating a package. That would allow you to host a website for your DNS host name.

Yash thanks for the quick reply. Sorry I need so much hand holding.. But I am lost to the point that I need to know how to create a package. Comparing my screen to the flash movie... INFO <-> PLANS I have one listed, that being Administrative acount. Under signup access, advanced, and action there are no icons.

When I use H-Sphere "Plan creation wizards" to create a new windows plan. After completing the form I get an error message that says, "You need to define a DNS Zone or an Instant Alias. Use the H-Sphere DNS Manager for this." Under E.Manager I have defined a DNS Zone, set to allow hosting. I also set an instant alias. Prefix u Shared IP tag 2 example *.uNNNN.mywebsite.com (again substituting "mywebsite" for the realthing) The first site I am trying to put to my server is the my service site. Thanks again in advance Yash

Okay you need to go under "emanager" and then click edit on the DNS zone you have setup. You need to enter a "instant Alias". I would just put somthing simple like IA (standing for instant alias). You can leave the shared IP tag at 2. The instant alias is used when you create new plans as a instant domain to for the client while they wait for DNS to update.

Okay I guess I was not clear... Under emanager there is an option called "DNS Manager" from there click edit on the domain you have setup. In side here you can add the IA.

Markey

Thank you for the reply MarkeyHost. I have done this in the dns manager. When I go to the Plan Creation Wizard I still am getting the same message that I need to define a DNS Zone or an Instant Alias.

Did you enter a instant alias? Emanager -> DNS Manager -> Edit -> Add Instant Alias. Under the DNS manager you should also see all the servers listed like

dns1.yourdomain.com 86400 IN A 66.235.190.57
dns2.yourdomain.com 86400 IN A 66.36.251.247
cp.yourdomain.com 86400 IN A 66.36.230.189
mail.yourdomain.com86400 IN A 66.36.248.11
web.yourdomain.com 86400 IN A 66.36.228.155
mysql.yourdomain.com 86400 IN A 66.36.228.155
pgsql.yourdomain.com 86400 IN A 66.36.228.155
win3.yourdomain.com 86400 IN A 66.36.231.28
vps.yourdomain.com86400 IN A 66.36.240.109
mssql1.yourdomain.com 86400 IN A 66.36.228.118
winsp.yourdomain.com 86400 IN A 66.36.249.163
win1.yourdomain.com 86400 IN A 66.36.250.21
win2.yourdomain.com 86400 IN A 66.36.229.250
win4.yourdomain.com 86400 IN A 66.235.180.33

If you do not see this you should go under Emanager and then Server Aliases and add your DNS servers and server names.

Markey

Yes, I see similar IP's alittle different, but they should be different from yours right. Anyway, yes I see that. I am sorry I am such a noob with this control panel I am used to Hosting Controller v.2002.

Does the top of your DNS Manager page look like this?

ia.gif

If it does try deleting the Instant alias and creating a new one with the IP tag of 2.

Markey

Yes the top looks like that. Granted I used capitals when I set IA the first time... I deleted the entry, then reentered it using lowercase ia resulting in....

Attachments

• reply_ia.gif
    reply_ia.gif
    3.2 KB · Views: 69
Yes I just did. I am attempting to create a plan named Personal for all of my personal non-billed sites to be classified as. The following error message resulted when I attempted to continue to the next page.

Attachments

• error_msg.jpg
    error_msg.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 73
Under the E.Manager * DNS Manager Edit the first two entries

ns.myhostingsite.com
ns2.myhostingsite.com

I am not sure if the following images will show the source of the problem with my wizard... Before the first image is all I would see... This last time I saw the second image...

Attachments

• prob.jpg
    prob.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 63
  • solv.gif
    solv.gif
    3.6 KB · Views: 46
Yes the Plan was created. I have questions on setting the virtual path for the domains under this plan... Should I address them here or message you?

Back