IMAP Support in Reseller Accounts?

Do the reseller and related packages support IMAP email by default? If so what if anything special is needed to set it up over standard pop/smtp?

Great thanks. So just the same server settings as with pop/smtp?

I set it up in Vista Windows mail as a test, and it seems to see the mail fine but failed sending. Are there any special settigns to allow the client to send mail via IMAP?

"The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Fw: Reply to post 'IMAP Support in Reseller Accounts?'', Account: 'mail4.xxxxx, Server: 'mail4.xxxxx, Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E"

Got it now I think, had to set the smtp port to 587, sa,e as usual and it seems fine.

Still have the long delays in sending new mai lI mentioned before, not sure what is causing that still.

sounds like you ISP has port 25 blocked(like mine) so only 587 is allowed, and they may be packet inspecting 587

<rant>

Since 587 seems so common for the alternate port, I fail to see the benefits to me, an ISP, or the Internet as a whole to block port 25, enable 587, then packet monitor traffic across port 587. Seems like a whole lotta work for nothing. I suppose it stops the casual home user. But, it sure makes life a pain for me and my clients when I have to describe (over and over) how to configure their mail clients.

</rant>

:rolleyes:

Back