incoming/outgoing mail server -client has error

I've submitted a ticket(3212), but maybe someone here can offer a quick fix. It's actually quite a bizarre problem having to do with Outlook and my clients mail.

Two days ago, with the exact same settings in Outlook, I was able to send and retrieve mail from the exact same account when he was unable to. The mail servers were set to mail.myclient.com.

I assumed it must have been a client side error. But, starting yesterday morning, I was unable to send or retrieve mail. I recreated the email account in Outlook, recreated the email account in his CP, changed passwords, nothing worked.

Well, I changed the incominhg and outgoing servers to mail.myservicedomain.com and what do you know, everything works dandy.

I looked in the DNS configuration and every thing looks correct, although I don't really know what I'm looking at in there (and never touch it.)

Any ideas folks?

Brent

Don't see your ticket, did you close it by accident

We did receive a ticket confirmation email about your ticket but when we looked into the ticket system we never found it. Thought you had closed it. Just reopen it by asking for an update

mail.mydomain.com points to an IP that ends in .11

I didn't close the ticket. I did enter an update in the ticket system this morning. I just went into the ticket system and submitted another update.

More info:
By changing the outgoing/incoming to mail.myservicedomain.com, I'm able to send the test message via outlook, but it fails on a general send/receive. "Connection to server was interupted"

No. I still don't know what's going on. It started throwing an error for me a couple of days ago, when it worked fine (for me) the day before. All of my other sites are working just fine (no complaints.)

Support is still looking into it.

I am having the same issues. outlook cant find the servers for all of my domains hosted on jodo servers. I have not received any complaints from customers so I believe it is specific to my service domain.

will let you know if i can find anything. :D

Searching for A record for makhosting.com at m.root-servers.net: Got referral to E.GTLD-SERVERS.NET. [took 214 ms]
Searching for A record for makhosting.com at E.GTLD-SERVERS.NET.: Got referral to ns2.makhosting.com. [took 101 ms]
Searching for A record for makhosting.com at ns2.makhosting.com.: Timed out. Trying again.
Searching for A record for makhosting.com at ns.makhosting.com.: Timed out. Trying again.
Searching for A record for makhosting.com at ns2.makhosting.com.: Timed out. Trying again.
Searching for A record for makhosting.com at ns.makhosting.com.: Timed out. Trying again.

Well, this never corrected itself and support couldn't come up with an answer. I imagine this might have something to do with the DNS problem.

Regardless, I backed up the clients files, deleted their domain and then recreated it. So far this seems to have fixed the email problem, at least so far tonight.

I hope all of these growing pains jodohost is experiencing are cured with the new dns server setup. I'd really like to have a stable reseller site running at some point in the future.

Brent

I believe both your issues have been resolved
mail.makhosting.com is working now

Brent, your ticket was asnwered, wasn't it?

Yash,

Yes the tickets were answered and the support was very responsive. We just couldn't find a solution. Re-creating the account seemed to do the trick.

make a new profile/user in windows and set up mail there. this has worked for me 2 out of 2 times that I have come across this which leads me to believe that some setting went loopy somewhere.

this happened with my own mail server (merak) and using outlook 2003.

trying to help...

Back