Instant access domain alias no longer works?

Hi Folks,

I am hoping someone has run up against this same problem and knows what to do.

I am no longer able to create accounts and have Instant access url's work.

I have tied on both windows and linux accounts.

I have tried in multiple browsers.

I have (recently) gone into emanager / server aliases and updated.

I have turned indexing off and on multiple times using differnt named index files.

But no matter what I do when I try and access an instant domain alia I get:

Directory Listing Denied

This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Hello Joe,

Directory Listing Denied error comes on the domain which hosted on a windows server and because of not setting up default page which you can, using Directory Indexes option in the hsphere control panel on web services page for the domain.

However, if its due to instant domain alias then you also need to check :-

-> Go to E.manager > DNS Zone > Click Edit icon > and again click on Edit against the Instant domain alias and then at the bottom of the page check if some server's records aren't added it which mostly happen when new server's added in the cluster, then click on Add button at bottom.

-> Check if the instant domain alias pointing to the IP which is assigned for the domain in the control panel, if not then after adding the above records then try to do disable/enable instant domain alias then you'll get a new one which should point correctly on the ip address which is assigned to the domain. That may not work instantly due to DNS propagation but should be up within some hours soon.

We've update you on the ticket to provide us the domain name for which you mentioned the instant domain alias in ticket, we'll check it let you know the reason for that.

Thanks for your reply Sachin!

-> Check if the instant domain alias pointing to the IP which is assigned for the domain in the control panel, if not then after adding the above records then try to do disable/enable instant domain alias then you'll get a new one which should point correctly on the ip address which is assigned to the domain. That may not work instantly due to DNS propagation but should be up within some hours soon.

I think this is what is causing it hopefully. I only added web17 and win38 a couple of hours ago..so it probably is a case of DNS propogation. I will check again tomorrow and hopefully all will start working then,

Thank you very much!

Back