Intermittent server slowdowns

Dave

Perch
I've noticed that last night and again today (just now) that the server response has been extremely slow (although not consistently). Even the mail server does not respond at times. The forum and the JodoHost home pages were also very slow coming up.

Is there a problem or work going on that is intermittently affecting performance?

(Just to make sure it wasn't my connection, I checked other web sites and everything is just as speedy as ever on my ADSL connection.)

I haven't noticed anything at all.
I'm checking up with our datacenter to see if there are any network issues. Nothing is happening on the servers now. We're just getting ready to shift everyone over to new servers. (which will be much faster :)). We'll no longer be having MS SQL on the web servers. We'll just have stand-alone MS SQL servers. Hopefully this as well as other measures we are taking will result in an improvement in speed

I guess in both instances it was for short periods, and I happened to be working on my site both times (although the first night it was slow when I came online to work, so don't know how long there was a problem before I got there). I definitely had a hard time getting in here (JodoHost's site) just to see if there were any network notices, and to post the original message. As well, both times my Outlook kept popping up message boxes telling me it couldn't connect to my site's e-mail.

Oh well, just chalk it up to temporary congestion or gremlins.

Thanks for looking into it.

I have been experiencing the odd 5-10 minute slowdown over the past couple of weeks. Other sites seem to respond ok at the time, but I don't know if it's just an internet thing or something slowing down at Jodohost.

If this has anything to do with the servers, we'll be shifting customers to new servers starting the end of this week. Hopefully, such slow downs would disappear with that.

However, if it continues, I'd appreciate that you note down the time and duration. Send that data over to us (or just post it here). We'll go through that and try to determine the problem

Back