Is <CFHTTP> a disabled tag?

On your site the error that I see is -

The following is the internal exception message: access denied (java.net.SocketPermission www.easycfm.com resolve)

Looks like the nameserver isn't resolving the site name correctly. Have you tried pinging the domain and then putting in the IP in your CFHTTP grab instead of the domain?

Also it could be a case of there being a proxy server between the webserver and the real world that is not letting traffic out.

Hi Hatton,

Well, that was just an example and I was using the url from easycfm to try it, but I have done another example now. I have downloaded the xml file and put it on my side to see if it works, and I still get the error, so either something is wrong in my code (which I don't think there is because I have had several coldfusion people look at it) or something isn't right on the side of jodohost. A guy pointed me to a couple articles but I am not sure if they are a solution or not.

http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/security/articles/sandbox_02_03.html

http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/index.cfm/method=messages&threadid=1104&forumid=10

Anyway, I would really like to get some gamecube news feeds by this method, so I need to find a way to get this to work.

Thanks
Bryan
hatton said:
On your site the error that I see is -

The following is the internal exception message: access denied (java.net.SocketPermission www.easycfm.com resolve)

Looks like the nameserver isn't resolving the site name correctly. Have you tried pinging the domain and then putting in the IP in your CFHTTP grab instead of the domain?

Also it could be a case of there being a proxy server between the webserver and the real world that is not letting traffic out.

OK, I assuming you are on Win2 and CFHTTP is definately not disabled
I went through those articles, non of those situations qualify. Anyone else tried CFHTTP and had problems?

Maybe you'd like to post your code at sitepoint or here so we could have a look

Yash, just to ask the quesiton, are the web servers able to resolve domains to the outside world (eg from a command line prompt on the webserver can they ping www.google.com?).

The only other thing that pops into my head is that there might be another one of those hidden conflicts since CFExecute has been disabled the sytem is now being uber-anal about calling external sockets.

I'll see if I can dig up any more on this.

Nope, everything is pinging fine from the server.
OK, figured out what was wrong. jag, could you tell me the IP/hostname of the site you want to access. Ever since we enabled CF Security, we have to manually add IP addresses of locations CF is allowed to access

My base guess was still correct, that CF was not allowed to connect to the external site. With the upsurge in RSS feeds and connectivity of that nature, you guys might want to try and figure out a way around this little issue. I know that I'm looking at adding RSS to my site as well and am sure that as it becomes more popular that folks are going to use it more often.

Perhaps you could investigate allowing all traffic on standard ports. The reason I suggest this is because if I'm reading the error right then CF apps are going to have problems with CFFTP, CFMAIL, CFPOP along with CFHTTP, especially when connecting to outside hosts.

Ok, problem fixed. Added gamecubecheats.info to the list of allow host names. Your site is showing perfectly now jag

Yash said:
Hi jag. Just let me know what host name we should add (bootleg-rss.g-blog.net?)

Yes please :)

If I run into any other problems and/or want to change news sources, I will let you know

Thanks

Yash,

Is there a way to add all local host to this list by default because all web services, cfhttp and remoting tags have been disabled because of windows 2003 over doing it a bit. Thanks Dan

Back