Is there a problem with mail() on Win10?

zaboss

Perch
Hi,

I am using DW Mail as a webmail application. Everything went OK but few hours ago when I have noticed that the emails aren't sent anymore. I don't get any error message, it actualy says that the mails were sent. Any ideeas?

I had similar problems with wincf yesterday. I submitted a ticket and something on the server end was changed and all is working now. Try a ticket and see if you get anywhere.

Tim

This was related to some blocklist policy changes, we had to work with the blocklists to get them de-listed. Its all been resolved for some time now.

this is something different, in the phpmail test, it is looking for this:
$mailersoftware = ini_get('sendmail_path');

This is not on windows php's, in your php.ini(which looks fine btw), it is trying to use this which does not have an entry, and won't work on windows:
; For Unix only. You may supply arguments as well (default: "sendmail -t -i").
;sendmail_path =

I don't remember DWmail using this method in the past, I am going to pull out an old version of it that I have and see what mail method it was using, as this is not mail(), this is mail() with some specified parameters that make it not windows compatible at this moment.

Maybe, Stephen, but it is not a new installation, but and old one. It just stopped working this morning (that is, about 10 hours ago) without me doing anything. I just woke up and when try to send a mail, I coudn't. I didn't get any error message, quite opposite, DQW Mail said the mail were send. Last night, it worked fine. Fortunately, DW Mail knows how to use SMTP so I have switched to it i order to let people use DW Mail as I have 100+ people that are relying on it. This is good since 99 percent of the people are on mail3, I have only one domain that is on mail4. The problem is that they were used to read their other mail with it too and this is not possible anymore since in order to make it work I have "glued" it to mail3.

Are you sure?

All the edited timestamps showed this morning at the same time, it looked like an upgrade to me.

However, the php mail test, I am sure that is the issue, I will check further on a raw mail() command shortly.

On this particular subdomain, I have upgraded from 3.7.1 to 3.8.1 hopuing to solve the problem, but to no avail. You have the untouched 3.7.1 version at webmail.dlshosting.com.

I forgot to mention this has been resolved, and all the test mails from the past are out too.

Someone sent a newsletter on win10 local smtp server and really made a backlog, we checked it for spam, but it all looked legit, so we alowed it to complete sending.

Back