Is there a way to transfer reseller account to another domain

My main account/domain name was setup a while ago (years). However, a client of mine is basically interested in taking over my reseller program (buying me out - he has most of the web sites on my reseller plan anyway). However, he wants the following:

1. The primary domain name (service account) to be changed from my domain name to his. Take over the name servers, etc.
2. Change the username/password of the main user that has access to everything.
3. I am keeping my original domain name but moving it to another location (not under this reseller plan anymore).

I'm trying to find out if this is possible.

Thank you,

- Dmitry

There are multiple ways to do this, but I will share what I think is the way that works best.

By your join date, it looks like you are on cluster1, so we'd have to arrange a special account signup link for him to sign up on that cluster, then he could do initial setup just like normal under his domain, then from that point we need an agreement sent to us that is confirmation of your permission to transfer the accounts, and theirs to receive the accounts, along with a list of the accounts to move. From we can then do an internal move reseller process on each account to his new reseller account plan, if the same plan doesn't exist on his setup it will dupe it over there, and keep the settings the same.

This way it is the cleanest move, other ways are potentially VERY messy. It would also work on both sides initially giving the end user clients time to properly change DNS, so it would be a no downtime move, the other options really may make downtimes and much more messy.

edit to add: As I said this will likely be a cluster1 setup, so don't just go to the site and sign up as that will be cluster2 which we cannot process a move like mentioned above between clusters, will need to coordinate with us on this. Forgot to mention also, no actual client servers would change in this, it is essentially a DB edit to change the reseller the account would be under.

Hello,

Submit a ticket from both parties about it, then send a mail to customersupport-@- jodohost.com with both ticket references for it to be reviewed by the sales/billing team and we can get moving with it.

Back