Jmail error

yorri

Perch
Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 800401f3'

Server.CreateObject Failed

/sendemailresponse.asp, line 3

this is line 3 on the page
SET JMail = Server.CreateObject("JMail.smtpmail")

This is odd because I had this code working on 2 different web hosts.

Is Jmail not installed on the webservers? The packages say Jmail is available.

We'll be making an announcement about this shortly. We disabled JMAILtoday because it was being used to spam and send anonymous emails by some customers as it required no authentication. Only CDONTS is now available now. Sorry

Ok...good to know the reason.

Is it normally a policy to disable things and then tell customers after the fact?

I think it would be better to notify customers before or if in emergency..right away to allow us to make the changes so we don't experience any downtime..no?

yorri, actually i was misinformed about JMAIL. Our windows admin is actually trying to figure out a way to continue with JMAIL but prevent it from being abused. I'd get back to you very soon

I don't mind which component I need to use.

I am concerned that there was no notification that the component was being disabled.

If I expect something to work and then don't get a notification of it being disabled till the next day..that is not good business. However I can understand emergencies but even then a notification should have went out immediately I feel.

I use the mail component for my ecommerce application and if the mail component (or any other component) is shut down without notice...customers will get errors. That is a serious problem for me. That is the point of my response.

No, as I said, it was not disabled. I was misinformed. Sorry. if any of our adminstrators disables anyhting, they send out an announcement prior to doing so unless it is an emergency.

Could you point me to the page where your JMAIL script is located?

Back