JodoHost and BrowserHawk

Questions for JodoHost

I am looking at JodoHost as my new web host. I am wondering if JH has cyScape's BrowserHawk [http://www.cyscape.com/] installed on the Windows servers. And if not, if there'd be any plans to install such software. I develop flash applications and would like BrowserHawk to do Flash Detection.

Also, another question....where are the daily backups stored? My current stores them on the same drive as my account and when that drive failed, I lost my account data and the backup. (This obviously isnt a good solution). I'd hope the JH takes better care of my data than that.

One last thing. Does JodoHost offer shell access for Windows accounts?

I appreciate your time,

Jeremy

Hi

1) I can't commit on the component you mentioned but we will consider it. Our policy is to install components that are widely used on a shared hosting evironment. As in the case of this component, I've not heard of it before and there could be a security exploit that could put the server and our other customers at risk. Additionally, if we plan to buy a component for all our win servers, we have to ensure there is utility to other customers as well. Anyway, as promised, we will consider

2) We make backups to separate back up servers. Infact, we plan to go a step further and have a copy of the backups in another facility close by as well

shell access to Windows?
To the best of my understanding, Shell access is only available on Linux

You get a control panel and full FTP access. If you need anything else done, we have a 24x7 support team ready to help

Sounds great to me.

I'm impressed by the quickness of reply. I appreciate your consideration of the BrowserHawk software.

Maybe within the next couple of days, I'll open an account with you guys. Once I can get some money straightened out.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Back