Joomla issues?

Hi.

I have several clients that are asking for a Joomla application on our servers. I tried searching for past threads on this subject, but did not find any conclusive statements. I did find some references to problems with Joomla and php, as it was installed here.

Does anyone know if we are able to load and run Joomla on either the Linux or Windows servers at JodoHost? And does anyone have any insights to share on getting it up and running?

Many thanks in advance,

Chief Grape

I run joomla just fine on linux. jodo support helped me get htaccess to turn register globals off etc so that its secure as per joomla's recommendations - 1.0.12 version. Have tried 1.5beta too and that seems to work.

Anyone else with it on windows?
Cheers

we have many joomla and mambo sites here windows and linux, linux is better performing for heavy hits, but windows works well for most.

I only offer Joomla webs to my clients because Joomla is really great! I got Jodohost, Linux and Joomla recommended from one of my trusted coders and it was a wise decision. I now have 60-70 joomla webs running smoothly on Jodohost.

Good luck with your Joomla work!

I'm migrating a couple of joomla sites from a Windows VPS to a linus install on a reseller package. Trying to figure out what to do to get register globals switched off (why is it still 'on' in php5?), and I'm also trying to figure out what to do with session.save_path -- it's not defined in the default php setup on these accounts, and joomla doesn't like that, it tends to throw login sessions off in the back end under certain conditions.

I'm not a htaccess expert, but as far as I can tell that's my option for dealing with these two -- I've tried putting a flag register global off line, but it doesn't seem to do anything. Anyone have a good, working solution to joomla compliance on a reseller Linux/PHP install?

Back