just making sure i understand what's going on...

MrBand

Guppy
i just setup my reseller account and before i get further into it i just wanted to check and make sure i understand what's going on.

once i've got this all setup as per the instructions given i should be able to:

1. have potential clients surf to my site and choose to host with me

2. sign up for a hosting account

3. pay for the service online

4. automatically be given a temp url to use while waiting for their dns changes to propogate

now is this all done automatically without me having to setup each site or is there some amount of intervention required on my part?

thanks.

one more question...

assuming the answer to the above question is "yes" - is there a way for each newly created account to automatically be setup with a certain set of files and permissions?

Hi

Yes, 1 to 4 is automated. Signup and account activation can be automated..

Unforunately, you cannot have your own default files

Yash said:
Yes, 1 to 4 is automated. Signup and account activation can be automated..
Unforunately, you cannot have your own default files

Yes, that's unfortunate. The control panel my last host used did have that feature. I didn't use it personally, but I can imagine someone would like to.

and if all i want to do is manually setup accounts for people so i can install all the files they'll need - do i still need to setup all the dns info and host a domain on the account? we already have a host for our website, we just want access to affordable hosting we can administer seperately from our other hosting. it seems like i have to host a domain on the account in order to finish setting it up and use it, is this true?

No, it's technically possible to host websites without actually setting a reseller domain name, if that's what you mean.

SubSpace said:
No, it's technically possible to host websites without actually setting a reseller domain name, if that's what you mean.

how would i go about doing this? and would i still have temp urls for the domains i setup on my account (while waiting for the dns to update)?

MrBand said:
how would i go about doing this? and would i still have temp urls for the domains i setup on my account (while waiting for the dns to update)?

You just don't set any reseller domain (yet).
I don't think you'll be able to use stopgap URLs, but I'm not sure and I can't check without messing up all my settings 8)

Back