Live Chat - What do you think?

Yash

Bass
Last month, we clocked 2000 chat sessions, and this volume is only growing. The average duration of a live chat session is 15 minutes and its not uncommon for us to be handling several simultaneous sessions at a given time.

I want to hear what customers think about this server. It requires an extraordinary commitment from us here at JodoHost. Time and again, we have considered whether the extraordinary time put into Live Chat support is worth it.

I'd like to hear what customers/resellers have to say

Well my experience is very good. I used your Live Chat service thrice in two days and I got very good response. Yesterday I talked to Ginney or Gineey and today to Ravi. Both were very helpful.

I have used it a couple of times too before that and found no problems.

I have used live chat only a couple of times.
In my opinion it is a big selling point for Jodo. The thought of knowing that there is always somebody there in emergencies when you need them is very reassuring. I can understand why you are asking the question, maybe your thinking of limiting hours, or getting rid of it all together because it has grown so big that it takes up lots of people?s time when they could be doing other things. But I would say, that it is a feature that makes you different in this competitive hosting industry. Perhaps, you could say that you have grown to so many customers now, because you had live chat in the first place.

Perhaps you should look at limiting what Chat is used for. E.G. Sales and emergency support only.

I haven?t used live chat that many times, but I have to say, please don?t get rid of it, because in my opinion it is essential. As a reseller, we have to know that there are people their to support us. And Live chat 24/7 is what stood you out from the crowd. Where my previous host many times did not respond to emergency tickets, I know that I know have that backup of Live chat should I need it.

Sorry for the rant. :O

No, have no plans to get rid of it!!
We are looking for feedback on what customers think about it. And if any suggestions for improvement

I've used live chat a few times in the past and for the most part has been a good experience. The emailing of chat sessions is also a great feature.

I've always wondered about security though - would it not be fairly easy to "spoof" being a client and convince the tech to make unwanted server modifications - perhaps some confirmation protocol could/should be put into place in the service.

Other than that its a good service - and probably saves you some dollars on you 1-800 number bill. For me I like it more so than calling a tech person as I can continue to work on other things while waiting for reponses <yeah, I know I can do this too on the phone but it ties up the line and well, sometimes I can't walk and chew gum at the same time either! :) >

agreed... some sort of verification should be required.

Penhall said:
I've used live chat a few times in the past and for the most part has been a good experience. The emailing of chat sessions is also a great feature.

I've always wondered about security though - would it not be fairly easy to "spoof" being a client and convince the tech to make unwanted server modifications - perhaps some confirmation protocol could/should be put into place in the service.

Other than that its a good service - and probably saves you some dollars on you 1-800 number bill. For me I like it more so than calling a tech person as I can continue to work on other things while waiting for reponses <yeah, I know I can do this too on the phone but it ties up the line and well, sometimes I can't walk and chew gum at the same time either! :) >

About phone, livechat is much easier to techs as well, as we can see user ID's etc from the survey form, we can verify spellings of users, etc.

I can not tell you how hard this is via phone, but nearly impossible for some user IDs, URL's, etc.

i my self only use LiveHelp when i need a response back straight away, otherwise if i can wait i'll use the Ticket System

but it can be annoying when the person on LiveHelp says "could you please open a ticket"

if you could have it so that they click a button and it submits the chat log as a ticket, that would be great

as it can feel like a waste of time going on livehelp just to be asked to go and post a ticket

*edit* i also would like to see better security for livechat *edit*

I've used live chat a couple of times, and found it invaluable. I prefer to lodge queries via tickets, but in the few moments of panic I've had (usually caused by me pressing the big red "DO NOT TOUCH" button) it's been extremely reassuring to be able to connect live and have someone fix it immediately. I've not been asked to post a ticket on live chat. The feature to mail the conversation is exceptionally useful.

I hadn't considered the security problem, but sounds to me that some confirmation of details would be a good idea.
Perhaps the techs could send an email to the registered address and get a reply before making any changes that might compromise a reseller, or have them post a file to the site in question to prove they really do have access. (This is what Google does for you to prove you have site access).

As Stephen says, names etc are often difficult to get right over the phone. I've done live technical phone support myself and know what he means. My accent isn't exactly easy to understand for most people outside my own home region, but having the range of accents to deal with that JH must have must make this even more difficult (never mind dealing with those who don't speak English at all).

Best thing about JH live chat, however, is that there's always someone there! Most support 'live' chat icons on the net say 'Live Chat-OFFLINE'.

bro said:
Best thing about JH live chat, however, is that there's always someone there! Most support 'live' chat icons on the net say 'Live Chat-OFFLINE'.

DOES jodos live help go offline? :(

There are times when livechat is down(we announced it as soon as we got notice from liveperson), and there are time in between shifts when the wait can be a bit longer than we like.

I find Live Chat very helpful and only usually asked to open a ticket after the situation is tryed to be resolved through the live chat system. Usually if asked to open a ticket, Tanmaya or Stephen has to fix the issue and not around yet.

Live Chat is a good plus for you guys and one reason you have grown. I have been running my live chat with my company most of the time now and it does show dedication and great support. It's great you have the staff to keep it up and running. I only have 3 people helping me run mind.

Well i would have to agree with the comments already voiced here so far.

Live Chat is a very valuable service to us. I use it when necessary, and for most part the issue is resolved in a few minutes. If not i am advised to submit a ticket. But as stated above, the fact that we can directly contact support anytime is a bonus and worthy of Jodohosts reputation.

Thank you for having it...:)

I'd say that Live Chat is essential for those rare times that emergency service or advice is required.

Perhaps one way to reduce sessions would be to restrict live chat to existing customers. I suppose that it would depend on how many sessions are sales inquiries and the percentage of these that result in new signups.

I would also like to add that i have used it quite often, and find it a good tool.

i usually use it when i have a time-sensitive issue that i need dealt with at that time - and not have to wait for a ticket to get replied to - and also, the time a ticket conversation ca be - is over a few hours - with all the back and forth sometime, so there is no replacement for a medium to have a 'real' conversation.

I would like to add though, that often the LiveChat conversations take ages - it happens frequently happens that i am on the chat for 45 minutes until i get an answer or that the issue is solved. I realise that it takes time to look into things, and maybe even other live chat sessions are being looked into, but i guess i just had to realise that i should carry on with other stuff at the same time. That, by the way - was a great advantage of the previous LiveChat system: when the support tech would reply - the window would beep, so i would know to take a look, and i miss that feature in the current setup. can this be entered somehow?
I also find it annoying that when the tech does reply, the live chat takes over focus - so i could be writing an email, looking and the keyboard, and suddenly find myself writing in the livechat box!!

anyway - to summarize: an invaluable tool to have. and just to say and repeat, that i find Jodo support to be amazing. keep it up!!

Well it depends from person to person I think. I love your ticket respons time, I think it is almost as fast as the live chat. But in really urgent matters I tend to hit the live chat for immediate feedback.

So I suggest you should track how much time both cost, maybe you can be helped faster just by submitting a ticket.

SePP said:
...maybe you can be helped faster just by submitting a ticket.

One of the advantages of the live chat feature is that it offers immediate feedback. Some issues require this in order to effect a speedy resolution. Going back and forth with responses on tickets can be a highly cumbersome undertaking when there are complex decisions to be made.

I love the live chat feature. I use it when I need immediate response, for example when servers are down or unresponsive. Of course, tickets are obviously the best way to go when things are less urgent.

Please keep it. Feel free to restrict it however. But sometimes, I just need to get something fixed quickly.

Tim

Back