looking around

enigma

Guppy
I am looking at changing from my current web host to another host. I have a few questions that I would like answered before making a decision.

1. Since I currently have an existing domain. What is the process to change hosts and get the pointers set to jodohost?

2. I am considering the silver windows package. Are they any price plans in place for quartly, or anual?

3. I am a coldfusion guru, I would like to get my hands wet with php. Does jodo host provide any php scripts? Also, any other prebuilt scripts for other languages?

4. I couldn't find any demo of HSphere on jodo host, however, i went to psoft's web site and found a demo. I found the software a bit overwelming and cumbersome to use. I am sure if I go back and look at the demo again, it will make more sense. Do you have an online demo of the control panel?

5. Is the web based mail apart of HSphere?

6. What is your backup policy?

Regards,
enigma

1) All you have to do is change the name servers of all your domains to ns1.jodoshared.com and ns2.jodoshared.com (that is after you setup your domains in your account with us)

2) You can pay half-yearly and yearly as well. There are no discounts but you'll avoid having to pay every month.

3) We don't have any PHP scripts but you can download plenty from sites like hotscripts.com or www.planetsourcecode.com

4) Signup for a trial. They use a different view. Additionally, HSphere 2.4 is around the corner which has a totally new XP style interface

5) Yes, HordeMail is the default webmail system included with HSphere

6) We make backups for our own purposes so that we can recover from any system crash. If your MS SQL database becomes corrupt, we can do a free restore from you. However we can't restore web files at the moment due to the way we create backups for them.

#5. Do I have to log into the HSphere control panel to access web mail? My current provider does not have a control panel, but if I go mail.mydomain.com, I can log into my mail. Is there something similiar here for that?

Yash said:
1) All you have to do is change the name servers of all your domains to ns1.jodoshared.com and ns2.jodoshared.com (that is after you setup your domains in your account with us)

2) You can pay half-yearly and yearly as well. There are no discounts but you'll avoid having to pay every month.

3) We don't have any PHP scripts but you can download plenty from sites like hotscripts.com or www.planetsourcecode.com

4) Signup for a trial. They use a different view. Additionally, HSphere 2.4 is around the corner which has a totally new XP style interface

5) Yes, HordeMail is the default webmail system included with HSphere

6) We make backups for our own purposes so that we can recover from any system crash. If your MS SQL database becomes corrupt, we can do a free restore from you. However we can't restore web files at the moment due to the way we create backups for them.

I believe you can log into webmail at http://66.36.250.57/horde/
or http://web.jodoshared.com/horde points to the same thing.

You know what - something weird is going on with that address. If you get a Hsphere password change screen - just keep hitting refresh until you get the Horde login screen.

Yash - don't know what's going on with this. Might want to investigate - it's intermittantly flipping between screens...

- hmm - that problem seems to have quit. Very strange.

you can, but not on horde, which I think is the best program Jodo offers... I'm not sure why it's not included on this screen?

Back