Lots of Domains and Email Addresses

I have a question that I can't seem to find anyone who has some ideas.

I have 12 domains that I own and operate. I received email from most of them on a daily basis. I have all domain email address as [email protected] and they are set to "Catch-All" and NOT set as "Mailbox". Finally they are all set to forward to my main email address that I have [email protected].

I would really like to:

1. Have SMTP Authentication on all domains so when I send email from the domain it will have a better chance of reaching the recipient.
  2. Have all emails flow into one Outlook session. I don't want to close Outlook and reopen to access a different account.
  3. Be able to receive all email in Outlook and then respond to it under that domain.

Any ideas? Thank you ahead of time for the help.

Adam

Outlook Express, at least the versions I've used, doesn't support multiple email addresses as smoothly as Thunderbird or Netscape Mail. I use Thunderbird to manage three accounts and send/receive mail easily from each without any gyrations like switching identities, quitting and re-opening, etc. I know Eudora does this well, too.

SMTP Auth is a scripting sort of thing. It doesn't come into play with a POP/SMTP client like OE, Thunderbird, etc. There is TLS and server authentication that goes on. But, that's just between the client and the mail server and doesn't affect how recipients get your messages.

If I read your note correctly, your main account is a free account at MSN. If you really want to make sure all mail gets through, you should switch to using a real account at one of your domains. Domains are more likely to block MSN/Yahoo/GMail/etc. messages than those from one of your domains.

Finally, I don't see much use of the Catch All setting. It ensures that every piece of junk mail sent to fictitious addresses at your domain will make it into your inbox. If you're consistent about publishing and giving out addresses, your clients, friends, family, whatever will know your real address anyway. Just my 2 cents on the catch all thing...

Tim

skypanther,

Thanks for the reply. I guess my long email should have been broken into multiple questions.

I just did some research in Outlook and it seems that there is the ability to create multiple accounts and then when composing an email you can choose which account to send it from. I don’t know if all versions of Outlook can do this, but Outlook 2003 does allow that.

I know that SMTP Auth has nothing to do with email I send from Thunderbird or Outlook, but is has to do with the websites sending emails to customers. I just want to make sure that I setup SMTP Auth on all my sites so my emails make it to customers. I know that I have to change my code to add the server name and password. My question is that because I need to add that information (SMTP Server, email address, password), how do I get SMTP Auth on multiple email address for the entire domain?

So it looks like once I setup the email accounts I will be able to send from them and manage all email in one outlook profile.

Thanks,

Adam

I am receiveing the catch all in my main account, because some years ago a competitor send thousand of spam with a forged address of my domain, and i was blocked in my county main isp ( they block the domain... no the spammer ! )

Now i receive the cacth all because i can receive bounced messages of a forged address, SPF is not useful.

jegesmaci said:
skypanther,

Thanks for the reply. I guess my long email should have been broken into multiple questions.

I just did some research in Outlook and it seems that there is the ability to create multiple accounts and then when composing an email you can choose which account to send it from. I don?t know if all versions of Outlook can do this, but Outlook 2003 does allow that.

I know that SMTP Auth has nothing to do with email I send from Thunderbird or Outlook, but is has to do with the websites sending emails to customers. I just want to make sure that I setup SMTP Auth on all my sites so my emails make it to customers. I know that I have to change my code to add the server name and password. My question is that because I need to add that information (SMTP Server, email address, password), how do I get SMTP Auth on multiple email address for the entire domain?

So it looks like once I setup the email accounts I will be able to send from them and manage all email in one outlook profile.

Thanks,

Adam

As far as the mutiple accounts, yes Outlook allows for multiple email addresses under the same profile, and you can choose which email address you want to reply with or compose an email with.

Back