Mail IP blacklisted?

It appears your mail server's IP has been backlisted by spamcop. I can't send emails to mail.com accounts. what do i do?

Yes, we are aware of this. To start with, SpamCop gets a banned IP list from SPEWS.org. The interesting thing about spews is that even though SPAM has not originated from our servers, our IPs still have been listed . What they do is simply list the entire IP block (which we may be a part of) if a spammer was operating from an IP within that block. This has happened to us 3 times now.

Although this announcement was slated for next week, I'll fill you in now. We plan to move back to the Pennsylvania datacenter where our servers were located in till February this year. That was by far the most reliable datacenter we have been with. We will be owning the entire IP block this time. As like in February, there will be 0% downtime is this move. We have already setup a duplicate cluster at the Pennsylvania datacenter. I'll announce the complete details early next week.

thank you for the update and I'm glad you'd be taking care of this (was beginning to get worried). I've heard alot of stories about SPEWS

grafxdesigns said:
Is this connected with ASPMail component problem? Because I can't send email thru it?

No, ASPMail and our IPs being blacklisted are two distinct issues. Check the other thread you made, I replied there.

Back