Mail is super slow

My mail accounts have been extremely slow the last few days and getting worse each day. Today is the worst taking over a minute to load a mail to view it or timing out completely.

I access the mails via the console if this helps.

Squirrel is having issue sending mail:
Connection refused
Server replied: 111 Can't open SMTP stream.

I've been contacted by a couple of clients asking if something is wrong, as their email has been very slow, both sending and receiving. Anything in the mail server logs that shows a slowdown?

This is webmail for you too?

I use mail1/5 combined for about 40-50 emails each day without a problem(I use my phone and thunderbird)

This is webmail for you too?

I use mail1/5 combined for about 40-50 emails each day without a problem(I use my phone and thunderbird)

Not sure which mail server they are on, but one office uses Outlook 2003, another uses Thunderbird. One is on a T1, the other on DSL, both complain that mails are coming in over an hour after being sent, and that receiving mail takes a long time, too.

If needed I can try to get more specifics from them and open a ticket, just wanted to know if there was a known condition like a queue backlog due to sp@mmers or something.

Back