mail server

roders

Guppy
Hi, am trying to send an email using email forms but everytime i do so i get the following message Warning: mail(): Failed to connect to mailserver at "mail.bluebottle.com" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\shortcode\index.php on line 421 can anybody help i've tried so many mail server but still nothing. I've even installed argo mail server on my pc but this doesn't seem to be working either. Can any 1 help me please.

Roders.

roders said:
Hi, am trying to send an email using email forms but everytime i do so i get the following message Warning: mail(): Failed to connect to mailserver at "mail.bluebottle.com" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\shortcode\index.php on line 421 can anybody help i've tried so many mail server but still nothing. I've even installed argo mail server on my pc but this doesn't seem to be working either. Can any 1 help me please.

Roders.
Is this something that is in relation to your Jodohost account or are you running a mail server on your home PC?

hi, am actually trying to do it using php on my work pc. Its just a system that i've been asked to implement as a "homework" for work. I have a form and i have to email using easyphp to email the details entered in the form.

roders

This is the error that i get now. Am using as mail server mail.bluebottle.com in argo mail server. Warning: mail(): SMTP server response: 554 User not local. Authentication required for relay in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\shortcode\index.php on line 421. help please.

thks for the prompt reply.
I've downloaded the phpmailer. and stop my argo mail server. I've set my php.ini smtp = smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk
and in my page for the email to be sent i've added this code include('../phpmailer/class.phpmailer.php');
i've also set the smtp address again in this and set its username and password now this time i get this message
Warning: mail(): SMTP server response: 530 authentication required - for help go to http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/pop/pop-11.html in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\shortcode\index.php on line 421
I really need help.
Thanks all,
roders

I don't know how to send via yahoo, I didn't even realize they have SMTP servers available.

Hi, ok i've set and account on bluebottle to come. I have a question when it says to change you smtp in the php.ini file i've put STMP= mail.bluebottle.com is it correct or shoud i put stmp.bluebottle.com.
Thanks,
roders

Back