Mail Servers

Greg, the issue is delayed bounces that are coming to the server every now and then. I'm not sure when will people understand how to use shared servers.

Sorry - I didn't see the re-schedule note in among all the server up/down messages. Might have been a good idea to start that as a new thread. But thanks - seems to be working fine now.

Yes, my mistake there. But was just too busy to post. Will take care in future.

tanmaya said:
Greg, the issue is delayed bounces that are coming to the server every now and then. I'm not sure when will people understand how to use shared servers.

So I understand... are you saying I am not using the servers correctly? OR are you saying someone else is abusing the servers causing the problems?

Not you, but the person who caused so many bounces. It is worth an effort to work on the mailing list you are sending to, instead of sending them at random.

Same problem still. I have yet to hear anything back now from support for more then 14 or so hours. I had to proceed with our daily send and ran into the same issue.

I have little choice now other then to search out a new hosting service. We are on the semi-dedicated plan which is one where I thought would be more stable. This recurring problem has now had an impact on our business. We have let our customers down and I need to resolve this situation immediately.

Our script I can assure you is not the problem. It has run flawlessly since October except for one time in early January in which you were able to fix the mail server and since then, until this week, has once again run flawlessly. 4 days without being able to send out one of the most important features on our web site is causing too much frustration.

It has now been 24 hours since I have heard anything from your support department. I am upset and disappointed. I actually enjoyed hosting here at Jodohost but this issue is very serious to us as has been conveyed in our tickets. The lack of movement towards a resolution leaves me dumbfounded.

whemmer, dutton's issue is unrelated to the issue on Mail4

The Mail4 timeouts were due to heavy bounces coming into the server due to someone's spamming. We believe we have taken care of that

Back