Mail1 Maintenance

By the way...guys... I have noticed VERY delayed mail messages when generated by form components...or forum posts.

Example: only today, I received messages from the Win2 outage. Not ALL of them...as the first 3 posts I received yesterday.
But reading on...I realised that several messages were posted yesterday at around midday...and only today I recived them (I few hours back...). To be more precise...it would have been around 12 to 14 hours delay.
The strange thing is: not all of them...because the first 3 posts arrived properly.

I have noticed this insconsistency in some of my sites... more so on Cold Fusion...but also inconsistent in ASP.

My question is: will this maintance resolve this issue?

This was strictly mail1 maintenance and not related to SMTP on any webserver. So, Are you using mail.domain.com? If it is "localhost" open a ticket if you see the delay again.

Hi Tanmaya,

No... I always instruct customers to use mail.domain.com ...and we use that on our own sites too.

How about forum posts?
I visited the forum and posts of interest... so ... that's why I was warned of new posting.
The things is: only aorund 12 hours later :(

Forum posts use a seperate very busy SMTP which is also used by many other services.
It had some thousands of failures which i removed today. My Special thanks to spammers :(.

Back