mail4 and possible time / clock issue

I would put this in the ticket system, but it is not loading up for me at the moment. So let me post here.

I have a client that is sending and receiving emailing from his Outlook client and the date sent is either showing up as an hour slow or an hour fast depending on whether it is an email he received or an email he sent.

He says when he sent an email from his jodohost based email account which uses mail4 for smtp at 2:59PM EST that on AOL it showed a date/time sent of 1:59PM EST.

From everything I am testing I swear it is his local machine causing issue even though he says time on local unit is correct, timezone is correct, and daylight savings time is correct. BUT... I am testing his account via my Outlook on my machine and sending it to all kinds of places with not date / time sent descrepencies.

BUT he swears that the time is showing up wrong at AOL when I sent one from his account from my Outlook using his email account settings.

Jodo, could you verify mail4 doesn't have any issues with time and if anyone can point me to something else that could cause this I would appreciate it.

We are aware ticket desk is down, it is on web2 server.

Will have others check this, time issue.

This guy can't stand to put on MS updates so he may have issues due to lack of updates. I am trying to force him to at least get the critical updates and make sure he isn't so far back that he is missing one of the critical MS updates related to daylight savings.

I just got an email back and he just admitted the daylight savings time was not checked (when he said it was earlier). He claims it just resets after rebooting so I am having him again verify he is current with MS critical updates and test to make sure a reboot still holds settings.

I love it when clients don't provide accurate data. I was about to remote control his unit when he gave me the "accurate" data.

Back