Mail4 is black listed.

http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/ip4r.ch?ip=204.14.104.85

Even though it shows just the one block it is effecting one of my clients as his emails are not making it to his business associates. His business associate contacted their mail provider and their response is our mail server is a source of a considerable amount of spam and therefore we are blocked. I am checking to see if they have blocked it on their own or if they are using the black list shown in the report above.

Thanks.

Please have the techs check SPAMSCREEN with Watch Guard. We are getting indications that the IP address above is on their list. I haven't found a way to check it, but several clients using that list are being told that is why.

What number/extension you called?
I told you already on your ticket what they told me.

What number/extension you called?
I told you already on your ticket what they told me.

I posted this at the same time as I did the ticket as I didn't know how long the response time was for the ticket so I wanted to make sure someone saw this as the customer is all over my ass about it... and hopefully a fellow Jodo client may have ran into this issue themselves. So I did NOT have your ticket reply when I entered this.

Their site says they have spamscreen so they have something that does do blocking. They didn't say it was a specific IP block list, but we were not getting anywhere with them so we thought you could.

I will have to get the phone number and I'll update the ticket.

From Ticket:
Hello Greg,

Just got off phone with Watchguard support. They said their is nothing like global IP blacklist with them.
They need to handle it case to case basis and will atleast need to know the Watchguard box details (firmware version etc) to point towards possible issues.

Regards,
Tanmaya

They didn't say this to me... but if they don't have an IP block list then someone must have entered a manual block or something. I am trying to get firmware and version information and will update the ticket.

I will have to get the phone number and I'll update the ticket.
I really would like to talk to the person who asked you to contact us. Maybe he has a clue on how to deal with the situation. The one i talked to looked more clueless to me.

They didn't say this to me... but if they don't have an IP block list then someone must have entered a manual block or something. I am trying to get firmware and version information and will update the ticket.

I'm not sure how much will this help. Any idea who is the recipient and if we can have them call watchguard?

Mail4 now has a backlog or something as the client is sending emails and they are not being delivered in a timely manner. They are taking about 20 minutes at the moment. Could someone provide feedback please.

Mail4 now has a backlog or something as the client is sending emails and they are not being delivered in a timely manner. They are taking about 20 minutes at the moment. Could someone provide feedback please.

I tested for a client a couple of hours back with no such delay. Please create a support ticket if you continue to see the issue.

Back