Major email delays.

WebFire

Perch
Is anyone else experiencing email delays? I had a client complain about emails taking a day to get delivered. I didn't think much of it. However, last Wednesday I sent a notice to about 2300 people via an email newsletter program and no one got them.

I just received it today!!! On Sunday!!! That is 4 day delay.

Anyone else?

have seen nothing like this here, only on gmail :D

I would not even ntoice the mails on gmail, except for the fact that i check in thunderbird adn it puts the little red stay for new messages no those that just came in.

There WAs a problem a few days back with 15min-7 hour delays on random messages, but nothing like days.

If you want us to check further you will need to submit a ticket with the full headers and we can check the full header details to see where the delay occured.

A client has today (2-Jul-2007) received mail sent on 28-Jun-2007. One of the messages was from someone in the same office!

Just waiting of the headers so I can submit a ticket.

Such mail delays are highly abnormal, and are probably caused due to multiple factors. as stephen said, please submit a ticket.
My email is hosted on mail5, and I've not seen such delays. But I will discuss this with tanmaya. If there is a problem, we'll get it fixed

I'll send the headers over, but I noticed they are all dated July 1st. But maybe you're looking for something else.

If they are all dated July 1st, then the delay seems to be somwhere else, and that needs to be found as well(if possible)

Bother. It turns out the client deleted the delayed messages before reporting the issue to me. He is on mail5, the same as I am, and I have not experienced any delays. So, as I told him, no samples means no investigation.

Back