microsoft.web.services3

Do all Jodohost Windows servers have microsoft.web.services3 installed, and in particular does win13 have it? I seem to recall in the past that win13 could not get the latest and greatest, at least when it came to MVC.

Correct, win13 doesn't have ASP.NET 3.5 and is the only server not having, submit a ticket and we will move you off of it waiving move charges if you need .net 3.5 support.

Thanks for the reply Stephen. What is the typical turnaround time for this type of operation so that I can inform my users about the expected downtime? When this occurs are DNS issues related to caching going to be a recurring problem?

Thanks for the reply Stephen. What is the typical turnaround time for this type of operation so that I can inform my users about the expected downtime? When this occurs are DNS issues related to caching going to be a recurring problem?

There SHOULD be no downtime, as the move takes between 24-48 hours, and DNS stays and redirects to the new server, then 24 hours later is removed from the old so it works on new and old at the same time for cache DNS.

There SHOULD be no downtime, as the move takes between 24-48 hours, and DNS stays and redirects to the new server, then 24 hours later is removed from the old so it works on new and old at the same time for cache DNS.

Cool, then I just need to disable file uploads to ensure consistency. Other than moving the sites to a new server will other changes be made to my account? In other words, will SQL 2005 be an available option because of any movement to the latest cluster, or would everything else remain the same?

Cool, then I just need to disable file uploads to ensure consistency. Other than moving the sites to a new server will other changes be made to my account? In other words, will SQL 2005 be an available option because of any movement to the latest cluster, or would everything else remain the same?

you are staying on the same cluster(cluster1) and SQL 2005 won't be available sadly :( We offer it but it only works if one never had SQL DBs or new account, we'll need to discuss in ticket is 2005 is a total requirement what options we can present to you.

Disabling uploads for 24-48 hours to ensure they are synced sounds like a good idea.

just FYI, cluster1 and cluster2 are virtually the same, no major difference between them.

Back