Migrate Horde webmail from another host?

I have a new client who wants to use my services for web and e-mail. They are currently using Horde webmail on another host from another company.

They are looking to me to come up with a way to migrate that mail to my servers here at JH.

I've never attempted a Horde to Horde migration. I've had good success with POP3 users in the past, but I'm looking for advice or ideas on this situation.

I haven't ruled out trying to convert them to POP or IMAP, but I'm trying to make the transition as sooth and transparent as possible.

just an IDEA here.

horde 99% of the time is using IMAP on the backend to connect to the mail server, if you were to use a mail client with imap, then have an account setup here, with imap. You can then drag and drop the mail from one folder to the other across IMAP connections.
This woudl not transfer any address book or settings, but the mail itself would be there.

We had same problem and tried to use Mozilla Thunderbird with IMAP connections.

Problem is with emails that are bigger then 1MB. They are being copied multiple times and then prosess effectively stalls, although Thunderbird appears to be working.

Have anyone found good way to copy many emails irregardless of their size?

Back