Migration Blues Solution

zardiw

Perch
This is what I'm gonna do if my sites aren't up by tomorrow.

I'm gonna Delete the site, but first I'm gonna export all the MySql tables.

Then I'm gonna open a NEW acct, and restore everything, and import my tables

I'm ASSuming new accounts will be established at the Waco Center, with the MySql server cozied up to the web server.

Should only result in an hour or so of down time.....which is irrelevant at this point, cause the site's down anyway

z

If a site is down, send a ticket, if a ticket is not resolved send an escalation via the proper channels. helpline AT jh.com (spelled out) is the escalation line. We've told this many times, we aren't ignoring you, I personally know of no site down due to this, web11 I have looked at many URLs, all responding properly, even using MySQL.

I understand you are frustrated, but use the proper channels if an issue is not resolved.

If a site is down, send a ticket, if a ticket is not resolved send an escalation via the proper channels. helpline AT jh.com (spelled out) is the escalation line. We've told this many times, we aren't ignoring you, I personally know of no site down due to this, web11 I have looked at many URLs, all responding properly, even using MySQL.

I understand you are frustrated, but use the proper channels if an issue is not resolved.

Have. My ticket is over a week old......And without my scripts finishing in the alloted time, my site is DOWN..........z

Stephen, I hat to chime in here, but the proper channels do not work !

I tried now with all three migrations (web14, web15 and now web11) to get any attention to sites which are down but with web14 it was 6 hours, with web15 - 6 hours and now with web11 it is already over 3 hours again ...

All I get in response ... please wait while I am checking ...

You would expect, after complaining like crazy at the first migration and all our domains down for HOURS, that would have helped ??? NO ....

Even a lengthy complaint to [email protected] has been completely ignored and remained unasnwered now for over 1 week !

I am sorry to say, but what happened so far and is still happening during the migration is an absolute disaster and costs us a fortune in lost business and pissed off clients !!!!

So, after years with Jodohost I am again shopping around to find a new company to work with ...

sites on web11 are up.
As for complaint, you were replied to on your tickets about it, and the pending issues about web14/15 will be resolved in next 24 hours.
Let me know if this leaves anything?

Tanmaya:

Sure, a final reply resolving the issue 48 hours after posting a support ticket and 6 times on Live Chat to "escalate" it ... normal??

No answer whatsoever to a very long complaint letter .... normal ??

And just quickly posting on a message board:

"We have answered your tickets" to show that I am just another "nutcake" who does not know what he is doing, seems your modus operandi ...

NO "sorry" for any of the problems now happening for nearly 2 weeks!
NO resolution for any of our problems with our clients!
NO answer, why I am hanging for hours on Livechat just to get as answer: useless canned phrases!

The general problem is that you guys can not live up to your mistakes and or errors! I am not saying there will never be problems or errors (there will be and that is nomal) but if you can not live up to them and admit them and instead just try to find excuses or try to place the blame on your actual client, that has nothing to do with good business practices and customer service ....

Sorry, I remain a pretty disgruntled customer ....

Tanmaya:

Sure, a final reply resolving the issue 48 hours after posting a support ticket and 6 times on Live Chat to "escalate" it ... normal??

Not normal. This escalation was to me, and I had been stuck with some major other issues to handle.

"We have answered your tickets" to show that I am just another "nutcake" who does not know what he is doing, seems your modus operandi ...

Didn't mean anything there in any way or trying to cover. That was a reply in a hurry.

NO "sorry" for any of the problems now happening for nearly 2 weeks!

I do apologize because I'm more, or mostly responsible for the delays here.

NO resolution for any of our problems with our clients!
Stats fix was put on lower priority as there are quite a few higher priority tasks pending.

The general problem is that you guys can not live up to your mistakes and or errors! I am not saying there will never be problems or errors (there will be and that is nomal) but if you can not live up to them and admit them and instead just try to find excuses or try to place the blame on your actual client, that has nothing to do with good business practices and customer service ....

Sorry, I remain a pretty disgruntled customer ....

Please let me know where I've given an excuse, or put blame on you?

Migration of this scale is not a daily routine job, and jobs of day are always waiting. Is why are they are to be prioritized.
Then with both web14 and web11 had problems we had not experienced in any of past migrations, and we have done quite a few by now.

I do understand your situation, and in your shoes I too would not have been any happier. As an immediate measure we will send out notification soon clarifying a minimal of 3-4 hour window of service impact.

Sorry again for the inconvenience caused.

Please let me know where I've given an excuse, or put blame on you?

In this part I was not talking about you personally, but Jodohost in general and your Live Chat Operators in particular....

Every time I went online with them to discuss the problems with down websites of our clients, it was on every single occassion, first stated and insisted on that it was a mistake in our programming!!! Only after I was able to prove that it had nothing to do with our websites (in lengthy lengthy discussions!!!!) it was even considered to be a server problem.

Not a single time was it acknowledged that is was a server problem, even after I proved it... and it usually ended in the standard statement: Please wait ... I check (longest time was 2.5 hours me hanging on Live Chat without even a single further answer)

Migration of this scale is not a daily routine job, and jobs of day are always waiting. Is why are they are to be prioritized.

I agree, however downtime of websites in my book is quite HIGH PRIORITY, especially when I constantly was reminding your staff at LIVE CHAT that I need to answer to my clients as they were haunting me!

Then with both web14 and web11 had problems we had not experienced in any of past migrations, and we have done quite a few by now.

Let's assume that statement is correct, so what happened than to web15, after I had discussions on Live Chat during the web14 problems, I was specifically asking if these problems would happen again when the web15 migration would start the next day, and clear answer was: "No, we know exactly what happened and it will not happen again with web15", which as we now know was not true either as the domains on web15 were down as well for 6 hours...

I do understand your situation, and in your shoes I too would not have been any happier. As an immediate measure we will send out notification soon clarifying a minimal of 3-4 hour window of service impact.
Excellent, after the three servers our client's domains are on and after my constant complaining, you decide to do this... lucky other, unlucky me, as my clients are not on these servers anymore.... except Name and Mail Servers of course, which most likely will give my business the final blow????

Sorry again for the inconvenience caused.

I appreciate this, however I still expect a full answer to my lengthy complaint by email.!

Thank you.

In this part I was not talking about you personally, but Jodohost in general and your Live Chat Operators in particular....

Every time I went online with them to discuss the problems with down websites of our clients, it was on every single occassion, first stated and insisted on that it was a mistake in our programming!!! Only after I was able to prove that it had nothing to do with our websites (in lengthy lengthy discussions!!!!) it was even considered to be a server problem.

Not a single time was it acknowledged that is was a server problem, even after I proved it... and it usually ended in the standard statement: Please wait ... I check (longest time was 2.5 hours me hanging on Live Chat without even a single further answer)

I'll look into this.

I agree, however downtime of websites in my book is quite HIGH PRIORITY, especially when I constantly was reminding your staff at LIVE CHAT that I need to answer to my clients as they were haunting me!

I was referring to recent stats issue. I should have been more clear.

Let's assume that statement is correct, so what happened than to web15, after I had discussions on Live Chat during the web14 problems, I was specifically asking if these problems would happen again when the web15 migration would start the next day, and clear answer was: "No, we know exactly what happened and it will not happen again with web15", which as we now know was not true either as the domains on web15 were down as well for 6 hours...

I;m not aware of any 6 hour downtime of web15. There is a possibility of issue being specific to your website. web14 was different issue and has been already acknowledged.

except Name and Mail Servers of course, which most likely will give my business the final blow????

Again, I understand your frustration. We have already decided to go longer route to migration process than the one adopted for above web servers.

I;m not aware of any 6 hour downtime of web15. There is a possibility of issue being specific to your website. web14 was different issue and has been already acknowledged.

I am happy to provide you with the scripts from my conversations with Live Chat during the web15 migration and the constant downtime ... if you are ok to read through a lot of me ranting and raving at your staff....

I am happy to provide you with the scripts from my conversations with Live Chat during the web15 migration and the constant downtime ... if you are ok to read through a lot of me ranting and raving at your staff....
Send ticket references to helpline \AT\ jodohost.com for ticket escalations, include ticket references and details to situation, this is the proper way to escalate.

Again this may be something specific to your domain, server hasn't as a whole been down like this at all.

Back