Migration schedule

gundu

Guppy
Hi

What's the schedule for mail3,mail6, mail7 migration today?

and I wanna let you know..I've been with jodohost for a few years but this time is the worst migration process ever.

1. No advance email notification is given for each migration.

2. Migration process is always on working days. I'm living in asia and it's always working hours here whenever you do the migration. - You guys should do it on saturday night instead. If you do it on sunday nite.. it's monday morning in my country.

3. Live Chat Support service quality are very poor nowadays. Chat reps would only put me on hold for so long and then end the chat ..or.. put me on hold and ask me to send ticket without giving any resolutions.

Can you guys do something about these?

Gundu,

Migrations have to be done based on when they are synced and weekends simply don't always work for it. We have mailed several times, and posted in advanced as well as twitter if there are any changes. We've posted this to emails, and links to twitter as well.

Over the next month, I'd expect a lot of activity in migrations, and it won't just be weekend. Each and every night is a maintenance window according to the last 3 massmails we sent, and it may be the case during the next month, as the migration has simply taken a long time, and has to be completed. A bit of short term pain is going to be better than moving it over the 3-4 months of weekends.

Also note: Mail moves will be complete with these moves tonight, that is the most impact in many cases. MSSQL1 I am going to migrate tonight, but not perform the SQL 2008 upgrade until a weekend later and announced, to limit the downtime to as little as possible.

Back