Missing/Unreachable Nameserver (8.10.3.56)

tr1stan

Perch
I posted a ticket this morning that has been deleted with no resolution given. The ticket number is #39208 - does this happen often?

Don't get me wrong, the majority of tickets are resolved in good time :)

Just in case you can't find the ticket, here is the problem I?m having:

I cannot change the nameserver information on .com domains because one of my NameServers not being available.

ns1.******.co.uk to be exact. I thought this might be a propagation issue, so I tried to ping the ip address (8.10.3.56) directly without success.
I also ran my nameserver domain through www.dnsstuff.com which confirms the above.

Any ideas - perhaps I've entered the wrong IP when creating the DNS entry - although I did copy and paste?

tr1stan

Your ticket is not deleted, its in our system. Your issue is being looked into and I believe Yogesh update you on that

Yogesh has confirmed that he is looking into it, but only after I recreated the task on a new ticket! #39527 not #39208

Thanks,

T

Any news on this problem ticket, as it's been three days and I still can't transfer .com domain's nameservers across to my reseller package. :(

Tr1stan

This is actually a major routing issue which we are working on, will update you shortly

All 8.* ips on ns1 are not pinging from outside the network. 8.* IPs from all other servers are pinging however

I still can't change the nameservers for a .com domain

"Error text: Command failed: unable to verify existence of nameserver ns1.w*****s.co.uk"

And www.dnsreport.com confirms this.

Clues?????

Your name servers are pinging perfectly now and so are all your server aliases

I hope you created ns1 and ns2.yourdomain.com as a name server with your registrar?

Which registrar is giving you that error?

do a DNS report for yourdomain.com. Both your name servers are being identified as proper NS records

There should be no problem

Yeah, both are now replying...

Why does the DNSReport state:
Missing (stealth) nameservers

I'm having trouble changing the nameservers using 123-reg.co.uk

Tr1stan

I'll check this out.. you get the same reply for our name servers as well ns1 and ns2.jodoshared.com (zone: jodoshared.com). Our shared customers are setup in a reseller account as well (just a little bigger than the ones we sell :) )

I've never had a customer complain about having difficulties changing to our name servers

Back