MixMastery.com

Hey, just thought I'd share my site in this forum since I've been here for a few months...
My site is finally almost to a point where I can start building some actual traffic, but I realize there are still a lot of bugs to be worked out and features to add.

Basically what it does is catalog music mixes.
...Along with artist and song information.

Feel free to check it out and give me some feedback.
The site is still growing and everything can be changed.

http://www.mixmastery.com/

SinisterZebra said:
Hey, just thought I'd share my site in this forum since I've been here for a few months...
My site is finally almost to a point where I can start building some actual traffic, but I realize there are still a lot of bugs to be worked out and features to add.

Basically what it does is catalog music mixes.
...Along with artist and song information.

Feel free to check it out and give me some feedback.
The site is still growing and everything can be changed.

http://www.mixmastery.com/
Why is every page an Untitled Document?

The menu is a little confusing, especially with the different color for the forum versus the rest of the text options.

Interesting concept - just needs some tweaking on the interface.

Cool.
I went through and checked all my pages and it seemed like the index was the only one with the untitled page title.
Definitely grateful you pointed that out though.

...I also cleaned up the navigation bar, and tried to get the forum and page closer to the same general color scheme.
I think it looks a lot better.

Thanks for your comments.

Heres a couple things...

1. Minor detail missing: the content table just below the tape in the upper left corner looks like its missing the thin border on that little stretch.

2. Just a performance tip: Since you plan on having a high traffic site, (and I can see you're using both session and application variables, and maybe a little client for the results to display drop down) you might want to consider optimizing your cflock strategy, if you haven't already. It's lots more efficient for the application, and you as the coder, if you just run a couple of "readonly" cflocks at the head of your Application.cfm; move the session and application structures to the VARIABLES structure, like...

Application.cfm
----------------------------------------------------------
<cflock scope="session" type="ReadOnly" timeout="30">
<cfset VARIABLES.Session = Session>
</cflock>
<cflock scope="application" type="ReadOnly" timeout="30">
<cfset VARIABLES.Application = Application>
</cflock>

Then, scope all your application variables, that'll make this all work right, if you didnt know about it already; also it beefs up security somewhat and increases performance. Then just read all VARIABLES.Session and VARIABLES.Application variables back into their respective structures at the end of each page process, like this...

OnRequestEnd.cfm
----------------------------------------------------------
<cflock scope="session" type="Exclusive" timeout="30">
<cfset Session = VARIABLES.Session
</cflock>
<cflock scope="application" type="Exclusive" timeout="30">
<cfset Application = VARIABLES.Application>
</cflock>

Thats it. It'll also save you from the possibility of those goddamn cflock lockouts happening. You probably knew all that stuf already though. Oh, and don't forget the GetTickCount() function to compare execution time/efficiency of different coding methods. Streamline it 'till it can't get streamlined no more, then streamline it some more.

Back