More moving questions?

I am uploading a couple sites that I am moving and notice the server here already has a folder "cp". Not much in there except images and my cp folders from the sites I am uploading already have image folders so before I over-write them I was wondering where those images are used? Is "cp" short for control panel?

Is it ok to over-write the "dirs" files with the "dirs" files that I was using with the other host?

I don't know what they do but I see the files I already have reference scripts in the "cp" folder so I guess I need them? Thought I read in the forums that some people just delete them?

thanks for any advice!

-George

Its fine to just delete :D
its a collection of old outdated scripts, and some other minor files, no problem in overwrite or delete

yes it is short for control panel

Its a good idea to delete them or, I would suggest, not having them in the first place. I was looking for one of my domains on Google once and found a whole lot of spammy looking stuff. It turned out to be some sort of guest book in those apps that someone found and filled with garbage.

Thanks again!

Yeah it doesn't take long for the spam bots to fill your guestbook.
I just created one and was testing it and didn't have captcha turned on yet. Didn't even have it linked on the website yet and they found it and were filling it up.

What do you do if you are moving a site that has 30+ email accounts?

Is there an easy way to transfer email accounts from another host with the same control panel instead of re-creating them all?

Also, I have some mysql databases that need to be moved.

So I probably should have used the same user name & password when creating this account so that any new databases I move here have the same prefix to the data base name.

I emailed support to ask if it is possible to change a username.

I usually use php and there is usually and includes folder with a config file that contain the db name, user & password. I suppose this is the same with asp so I needed I could just go search and replace the database & user names?

Thanks!

That is correct but the location will vary on windows, some will be in global.asa, some in an includes folder, others yet other places, it si not a standard.

We can't change the database prefix, sorry :(

Mail accounts, there i not a way from the reseller side to automate the migration, only at a root level and it takes a lot of work to do this and not worth it for less than 300 accounts.

Yeah I found the files I need to change and it looks like I would have to change the servername on each anyways so not a big deal.

So how should I go about moving 42 email accounts?
I can log in to the current server to see everything but the passwords.
So should I just create all the accounts on the new server and then just set everyone to the same password and have them all email me what ever they want it changed to?

I think I have an asterisk reader, I may be able to view the passwords?

thanks!

Back