Movable Type

I'd like to clarify that Movable Type does work on our win servers. I saw a customer running one last week when I was going over a ticket..

If someone has experience with installing / running Movable Type on jodo's servers, please post something in here.

I am to a point where I almost got it working, but it can't connecto my mysql database

In the mt.cfg file, there is this

Code:
# The filesystem path to the 'db' directory, where your MT database
# files are stored. You will probably need to change this when you
# first install MT; instructions for doing so are in the Installation
# Instructions, in INSTALLING THE MOVABLE TYPE APPLICATION CODE, Step 8.

DataSource [I put mysql.jodoshared.com }

Try going to www.gamecubecheats.info/mt/mt.cgi you will see the error message

I am interested in this as well. I want to hear from jodohost users who are using movable type.

Let me know how your install goes.

Hi, yea I have two posts at jodo going :) I finally got it working. Go to the database's section to read up on my progress. Sorry

Naw... I'm cool... Glad you got your site working.... I bookmarked it... I may end up using your services in the future when we need cheats for our GQ.

thanks. Thing is, that is NOT a blog for the gamecube. I am just testing it because its the only hosting I got right now. This would be a blog for a different domain I have, juicedthoughts.com

It would be great if you could kind of step by step explain what I need to do to get it work on a jodohost windows server.

Many thanks!!

Hey Eko, sure no problem

First, make sure you have enabled CGI in Hsphere. You have to go to web settings I think. Make sure .cgi is a valid extension to use on the server.

1. Obviously unzip everything.
2. I created a directory on my site called "mt". So I put it at www.gamecubecheats.info/mt

3. Then in my mt.cfg file, I followed the instructions that came with the zip file. Put your domain where it needs to go, then this is what the whole top part of my .cfg file looks like

Code:
# Movable Type uses the CGIPath setting to construct links back to
# CGI scripts; for example, the MT tag <$MTCGIPath$> is substituted
# with the value of the CGIPath setting. You will need to change this
# value when you first install MT; instructions for doing so are in
# the Installation Instructions, in INSTALLING THE MOVABLE TYPE
# APPLICATION CODE, Step 3.

CGIPath [url]http://www.gamecubecheats.info/mt[/url]

ObjectDriver DBI::mysql
DBHost mysql.jodoshared.com
DBPort 3306
Database [your mysql database NAME]
DBUser [your mysql database username]

# The filesystem path to the 'db' directory, where your MT database
# files are stored. You will probably need to change this when you
# first install MT; instructions for doing so are in the Installation
# Instructions, in INSTALLING THE MOVABLE TYPE APPLICATION CODE, Step 8.

DataSource mysql.jodoshared.com

Then in my mt-db-pass.cgi, I replace the contents with my mysql database password.

Once that is done, upload the entire contents of the mt folder to your location on your site (mine being www.gamecubecheats.info/mt)

Once that has been done, go into your browser and type

www.yourdomain.com/mt/mt-check.cgi

This will run a small script checking your modules and such. Jodohost has the properly installed modules, so I didn't have to do anything special.

Then type www.yourdomain.com/mt/mt-load.cgi and it will start setting stuff up. It actually adds the necessary tables to your database.

Once that is complete, DELETE THAT FILE OFF YOUR MT DIRECTORY

Now go to www.yourdomain.com/mt/mt.cgi

you should get a login screen. If not, something is wrong. If you do, type

username: Melody (you need the capital M)
pass: Nelson (you need the capital N)

Don't do what I did and proceed to delete this default user with the intentions to create your own. you will screw yourself.

Follow the instructions on how to add yourself as a new user. Make sure you figure out how to give yourself all the permissions for everything. You eventually get to a screen where there are a bunch of check boxes, check every single one of them.

If you screw up and delete the Melody user from the get go, or even at all, not sure, you will have to delete the tables from your database and start over. Well, at least I did, maybe you don't have to.

Hope that helps. Good luck

my beginning blog is at www.gamecubecheats.info/blog

oh, speaking of that, you have to configure some things within the User Interface of MT (when you are at mt.cgi in the browser) to tell it where to build the files and where your index.htm will be located at. I chose mine at www.gamecubecheats.info/blog

some people are different.

Good luck

Thanks,

However, I didn't get it to work. The "cgi check" states:

DBD::mysql...
Your server does not have DBD::mysql installed. DBI and
DBD::mysql are required if you want to use the MySQL database
backend. Please consult the installation instructions for help
in installing DBD::mysql.

I did install mysql so I don't know what went wrong.

The mt-load.cgi just errors out with:

Loading initial data into system...

An error occurred while loading data:

Unsupported driver MT::ObjectDriver::DBI::mysql: Can't locate DBI.pm in @INC (@INC contains: D:\hshome\....\....\mt\mt\extlib D:\hshome\....\...\mt\mt\lib C:/Perl/lib C:/Perl/site/lib .) at D:\hshome\.....\....\mt\mt\lib/MT/ObjectDriver/DBI.pm line 9.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at D:\hshome\...\...\mt\mt\lib/MT/ObjectDriver/DBI.pm line 9.
Compilation failed in require at D:\hshome\....\....\mt\mt\lib/MT/ObjectDriver/DBI/mysql.pm line 9.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at D:\hshome\....\....\mt\mt\lib/MT/ObjectDriver/DBI/mysql.pm line 9.
Compilation failed in require at (eval 3) line 1.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 3) line 1.

I blanked out my details with /../

Any idea?

and you are trying to do this on Jodohost's wimdows server?

See, they have the mysql db module installed, so I don't know why it wouldn't work for you.

One step further, but still an error, now:

Loading initial data into system...

An error occurred while loading data:

Connection error: Access denied for user: '[...._mt11]@64.156.223.130' (Using password: YES)

[...] is my database username. How to correct this?

Back