Move MSSQL DB

CFMX

Perch
Greetings,

I need to move a MSSQL DB from another provider to Jodo... Anyone have an easy way? I tried to use the inport/export thing but it did not copy over the SP and I assume it left other data needed.

Thank you for your help.

Ask for the other service to create a BAK file restore, or detach of the database in its original MDF form, (they can zip it down about 80%), then we can take that and restore it here.

We regularly provide users backups on request, just for users own interests. We do just what I said above,and then they have a MSDE or other server for development work that they use restore it to on their end.

Well they want 25 dollars to do that for me... I guess you all have your ways of making money... You guys charge 10 dollars to move an account with a tool and they charge for backups lol... I can't win

Can you please send an email at billing @ jodohost.com for the $ 10.00 that you have mentioned?

CFMX said:
Well they want 25 dollars to do that for me... I guess you all have your ways of making money... You guys charge 10 dollars to move an account with a tool and they charge for backups lol... I can't win

I'm not saying it is bad... I just saying the my old provider wants 25 dollars to backup a mssql db, and you guys charge 10 dollars to move an account from server to server. Its all part of the game I guess...

CFMX, we are charging not for any backup or moving you to another server, we are charging you because you want ASP and CFMX on the same account.

If we started doing this for free, everyone would want to do it. We only have 2 servers with both CFMX and ASP and both are nearly at capacity. We can only accept a limited number of requests for both CFMX + ASP

Our long terms strategy is separate CFMX services and separate ASP/ASP.NET services. it is not economical to run them together, especially at the prices we are charging

Back