Move sites on my own or not?

I have some sites stuck on Win13, so they can't be migrated on server to use ASP.Net 3.5 functionality (unless you guys resolved the upgrade issue that plagued that machine!). So I need to create a new shared account so that I can get on one of the newer machines and migrate my sites to the new platform.

The question that I have is whether or not you can transfer my website configuration and files to the new machine en mass so that I don't have to try and reconfigure everything to match the old machine. Or do I have to, or would it just be better, to go ahead and do these steps myself?

You can just make a ticket for us to move it to a 3.5 supporting server no problem :)

Since all servers but win11 and win13(maybe missing one) have asp.net 3.5 it won't be a problem and can do it no charge since it is a lack of availability on that server.

As for fixing the issue, na don't think it ever will be resolved, the 3.5 install now just stops as soon as you start it with an error saying it won't work.

BTW it moves ACCOUNTS not domains only.

Stephen,

That's great news! I'll plan on asking that my accounts be moved next week. In general, once I've submitted a ticket to get this done, how long will it take to complete the operation? I'd like to give my users an estimate on how long the sites might be down.

Sites should not be down if all goes as normal(sometimes normal doesn't happen however), but ti takes 24-48 hours depending on mostly the number of files on the domains, the more files the longer it takes to transfer across (it uses some very picky means t copy and verify, recopy, etc)

Back