Moving a website from asp.net to linux

So, I have a website in a asp.net account, running a custom CMS.
I plan to move that website content to use Joomla, in linux account.

In order to minimize downtime, how would you recommend me to proceed?
My main concern, is that once I have the website on linux, it would take several days to fill the website with the old content! :(
And I don't want that.

you can always take MySQL DB export and reimport it for the same content, however this isnt and easy move, and there will be some downtime in it

Well...... yes, you are right.
However, current content is in another format, it is not even a database, it is plain html.
I will have to reenter the data on Joomla.

ehh ok :(

The plain content is in Joomla oe simply raw html pages? you can simply FTP down and FTP up the content if HTML pages without much hassle.

Joomla does run on windows quite well the only time there is any issue is on heavy heavy traffic pages it can cause quite a cpu/memory load that doesn't happen on unix.

I was thinking on createing a gap domain on the unix account.
Setup everything like if that was the real thing.
Then, when all data is ready, delete the domain from the windows account and set it up in the unix account. Install joomla, and at the end, change the database connection to the one I used while working on the gap domain.
Would that work?

Ok, thanks.

Well, I won't use email. Nobody will signup, or nothing. Just for a few days, while I re-enter the information there.

What other limitation has a stopgag domain?

Back